Cylinder size

steverebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

GI'm a bit confused around cylinder sizes, my rifle has a 290mm inner barrel so using the guide on the store page I purchased a 60% cylinder and installed it (old one died) now I've found out the stock one was a 75%.

Bearing in mind my stock barrel length was only 270mm was my rifle over volume and will my current cylinder size cause me issues

13 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Didn't you get a complete e&c gearbox? Both cylinders should work, your problem most likely is something else, nozzle length, different gearbox to receiver issues etc

I did and some air seal issues so replaced the plastic set with aluminium including an xt cylinder the gun now fires flawlessly my feeding issues are gone it's perfect with fps variances no more than around 5fps.

I did notice that my stock broken cylinder only had the port on one side but the xt had 4 after some googling I found my stock was a 3/4 cylinder so wanted to make sure this is not an issue

30 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

The stock copper cylinder was broken?  Do you mean all scratched up inside?  There's not much to break with a cylinder. 

Yes all scratched like something had scraped across the bottom

4 hours ago, steverebo said:

I did and some air seal issues so replaced the plastic set with aluminium including an xt cylinder the gun now fires flawlessly my feeding issues are gone it's perfect with fps variances no more than around 5fps.

I did notice that my stock broken cylinder only had the port on one side but the xt had 4 after some googling I found my stock was a 3/4 cylinder so wanted to make sure this is not an issue

Many cylinders only have a single port; it really does not matter how many there are.

One thing is not clear from your posts; is the new cylinder causing a problem such as a power drop?  I am a bit confused as to what the issue is.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.