S6 gas mask airsoft safe lenses?

parramoom

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i took out the lenses which are like the gp7 but with a screw instead and i was wondering what plastic would i need to use to make it safe for airsoft and withstand 500+ fps (alot of snipers on my field) 

You need Polycarbonate. You want a stock Polycarbonate lens large enough to cut down to size. The other issue is the curvature. It goes flat to curve to flat uncommon shape in most lenses. 

3 hours ago, heroshark said:

You need Polycarbonate. You want a stock Polycarbonate lens large enough to cut down to size. The other issue is the curvature. It goes flat to curve to flat uncommon shape in most lenses. 

I know how to curve it im going to do that first and then put the glass one over it and draw the outline then cut to size but the problem is i dont know what polycarbonate to get is there different grades to it ? 

Lexan is a common well regarded brand. Personally I'd be inclined to use something that's an actual protective goggle lens that already has a close enough curve .

21 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Lexan is a common well regarded brand. Personally I'd be inclined to use something that's an actual protective goggle lens that already has a close enough curve .

Thats true but finding something like that is gonna be hard i might just buy lexan 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.