ASG Scorpion Evo with EvoTek Expert Kit - Help

Qlimax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted anything in the forum or even played and I'm in need of some advice.

In 2019 I purchased a brand new Scorpion Evo with the EvoTek expert kit from JD Airsoft, however, since the purchase it's never been used or seen a game day.

December 2021, I got it out for the first time and did some plinking in the back garage with my son to test it out and barely 200 BBs went through it until it broke. Essentially, when the trigger was pulled it would make a weird loud noise and then the red light would come on.

Having finally managed to take it apart expecting it to be the gears etc, I found that most of the problem has come from the bearings which were pretty much non-existent.

My question is, which would be better to replace with. Bushings or Bearings? The expert kit is 11.1v lipo ready with 16:1 gearset in.

Cheers 

In general use, a bearing can fail pretty catastrophically.  A bush usually just wears out.  I would guess that a bush is safer.  

No airsoft tech expert myself, but I chose bushes for my guns.  If they are fine for the little ends in millions of engines, I'm sure that a rif won't overtax them.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.