Auto brightness RMR bypass

Khyber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, so I have a RMR attached to the top of an ACOG style scope. The issue is it activated via an LDR. This is great in the sense that when the cover is on it auto switches off. But... when going into darkness it dims itself to the point it's not visible. I would prefer it to be just on with full brightness and remove the battery when not in use. I have tried desoldering the LDR and bridging the contacts thinking this would bypass its function but then it doesn't turn on when inserting the battery. I also then tried it desoldered without bridging this still doesn't work. Resoldered the LDR and it functions normally again. Anyone have any ide how I can bypass it? Would a low rated resistor in its place work instead? Thank you

Do you mean a clone miniature red dot sight, or an actual RMR?

Likely you’ll need to find  a resistor with the value required for high intensity light and solder that in place of the light detector

@rocketdogbert Yeah a clone. It's a micro one. So I guess I want to hook up the multimeter on ohms, point it out the window for full brightness and take a reading then match the resistor to that of the reading?

16439793039464546598283472447270.jpg

2 hours ago, Khyber said:

@rocketdogbert Yeah a clone. It's a micro one. So I guess I want to hook up the multimeter on ohms, point it out the window for full brightness and take a reading then match the resistor to that of the reading?

16439793039464546598283472447270.jpg

Or shine a torch at it 

Great, thanks for your help. ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.