Retention Holster Fitting Fix

Hamster82

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All, I just picked up a polymer retention holder for my TM Samurai Edge.

I googled a lot to check it would fit but as it’s a slightly odd shape the holster was slightly too tight to fit in - no way it would fit at all.

Couldnt find any help online so decided to take a chance on a bodge fix - I know you can reheat Kydex to alter the shape so figured it may work with polymer, I stuck it in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes.

When it came out it was still rigid but had some flex to it, managed to ease the pew in a few times then repeated until it fitted properly.

Not sure if this is a common thing but thought I’d post in case it was of any help to someone else with a similar issue.

C9F474E6-5FCC-4134-9DAF-91D929DE9950.jpeg

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Hamster82 said:

Hi All, I just picked up a polymer retention holder for my TM Samurai Edge.

I googled a lot to check it would fit but as it’s a slightly odd shape the holster was slightly too tight to fit in - no way it would fit at all.

Couldnt find any help online so decided to take a chance on a bodge fix - I know you can reheat Kydex to alter the shape so figured it may work with polymer, I stuck it in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes.

When it came out it was still rigid but had some flex to it, managed to ease the pew in a few times then repeated until it fitted properly.

Not sure if this is a common thing but thought I’d post in case it was of any help to someone else with a similar issue.

C9F474E6-5FCC-4134-9DAF-91D929DE9950.jpeg

Well done, had you been asking how to overcome this fitment problem, my advice would have been to do exactly what you did, I've done it myself a few times to get 1911 holsters fit hi-capa pistols. 

😁👍

28 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Well done, had you been asking how to overcome this fitment problem, my advice would have been to do exactly what you did, I've done it myself a few times to get 1911 holsters fit hi-capa pistols. 

😁👍

I couldn’t find anything online as it was all Kydex related but ended up figuring what the hell it’s worth a try before I start breakout the tools which was always likely to end badly! 😆

• 10 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.