a few queries about the air nozzle on my aeg!

Ben Allmond

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, bit of a newbie here!
I recently took look at the air nozzle of my airsoft gun ( i didn't take the air nozzle out of the gun or anything like that, the air nozzle is still where it is where it is when you take at your inner barrel and are left with the lower receiver) While doing so, I noticed that i could twist the air nozzle around clockwise, until the point where the air nozzle was reasonably tight, then i twisted it more and the nozzle became loose again ( this is just the little but that sticks out and connects with my hop up). I was just checking to see if this is normal or something is wrong, and wether i should twist the air nozzle until its tight and leave it like that or leave the air nozzle so it can freely move around? Thanks very much guys!
Edited by Ben Allmond

• Ben Allmond changed the title to a few queries about the air nozzle on my aeg!

We would need to know make and model of gun you have? 

Most v2 gearbox nozzles spin free. 

As a rule I would say dont twist objects around as sometimes they might fall off 😉

I will admit I have never had a nozzle tighten up like your describing but I would leave it lose as long as its returning fully when you push it in.

The nozzle is attached to a tappet plate that's spring loaded , on your gear you have a pin that pulls back the tappet plate so your next bb is in place in the hop unit , once the gear releases the tappet its forced forward creating a seal behind the bb so when the piston moves forward you should have no airloss. 

Look for a v2 gearbox animation on youtube 

• Supporters

take a look here: should give you an idea of how these things are generally constructed and how the nozzle works:

to answer your questions directly:

yes its normal for the majority of airsoft nozzles to be able to rotate, how easily depends on the type of nozzle (eg if it has a sealing o-ring it'll be stiffer) and how it fits to the tappet plate (some are tight, some are loose). being a little tight at one point sounds like there's a little nub of material (eg a casting line) that's catching as you spin it, or maybe some grit that's catching.

some models do have nozzles that don't rotate, don't worry, it'd be really obvious if it was one of those types as you wouldn't be able to turn it without very blatantly breaking something.

the nozzle should ordinarily be easy to push back- you'll feel the spring force on the tappet plate, although if the gearbox happens to stop with the nozzle already retracted then it obviously won't want to retract any more. if you're curious try cycling the gearbox on auto rather than semi- you'll see the nozzle will stop in random positions depending on where in the cycle it happens to fall, rather than the more consistent point you'd see when firing in semi.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.