RS -> AS Mag conversion

TheFull9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've bought some Magpul PMAGs and HK steel AR mags that at the moment I'm just using for props in gear pics, but for a while I've been hunting for someone who knows how to do conversions.  I need either TM NGRS or standard AR AEG guts going in.  Not something I want to try and hack at doing myself and the exact types of mags I've got don't exist in airsoft form (or when they do they don't look nearly as good).

I know of tacbelts on IG who can do this for the PTW platform but that's it at the moment and I've asked him just in case.  If anyone's got any links/directions to point me please that'd be great.

I did emags for ngrs years ago, like five for me n five for my eldest. It’s really easy to do bud. Just get a file and dremmel and tape measure. Cutting the top to the correct height; you just copy position of mag indent and work from that. The hardest part is taking enough material from the bb chute side so it doesn’t pinch enough not to feed, just steadily dremmel the corners off all the way up. To finish, cut a couple coils of the pmag spring, and that will keep tension on the base plate. You can put a small screw somewhere to keep the mag in place, but I never found this necessary as the fit was to tight. Once you have done one mate….

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.