APC E2 AEG to M110 SASS AEG - Worth switching?

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It seems the site I ordered the G&G SR25 from (for my DMR build) had a faulty inventory status as it just turned out they were actually sold out. While on the phone with them, they said I would be much better off with an M110 style rifle instead due to it's larger stock, and me planning to use a NimH battery.

Are they different or is it the same gun in another "shell"?

I mean they're not wrong, it would be much more practical that trying to fit a battery in the APC variant with a CTR stock (since I'm not a fan of crane stocks, be it shooting comfort or looks) my concern is that the stock is not adjustable, I don't know how much or how little of a problem this might be.

I'm thinking about building the DMR with the classic version instead. Here is what it would look like (hopefully):

m100df2.png

• Supporters

So - a few things to unwrap here.

Firstly - M110 stocks are absolutely adjustable.

As for telling you to get an M110 instead of an SR25, that just smacks of someone trying to sell you what they have in stock. The M110 is just a different military name for the same rifle (only with an adjustable buttstock and slightly different rail).

If they're out of stock of the G&G rifle, this might be an opportunity to change manufacturers to one of the others suggested to you in your other threads. This would be a good option https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-098-platinum-edition especially given that you're planning to DMR it and make internal mods anyway.

5 hours ago, Lozart said:

As for telling you to get an M110 instead of an SR25, that just smacks of someone trying to sell you what they have in stock. The M110 is just a different military name for the same rifle (only with an adjustable buttstock and slightly different rail).

I don't think that's what they're doing as they don't have either in stock, It was probably just a tip.

Edited by LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.