I am new to this! | Air regulator

Caivy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have bought an air regulator and air bottle for air soft gun, but I do not understand much of the topic.

1. How to install it?
  2. I have no seen any hole for air flow out on the regulator, how can I use it?  

Yes, i know that i bought it on aliexpress, the only reason is because this is the only place that is cheap enough and be able to to ship to my country.

HPA_Regulator.jpg

Screenshot_20210921_204350.png

The bad news is that at a guess I’m going to say that cylinder is not UK legal, and if it’s legal where you are I would still be questionable about its safety

It’s a flat based metal (aluminium?) cylinder, which would have a maximum working pressure of 3000psi - approx 200bar

If correctly stamped it will have a maximum test pressure which will be beyond 3000psi - and must not be filled to that

The neck will have the standards markings stamped into it (assuming they are honest about it having met those standards)

Assuming everything is good:

The top of the cylinder will have a plastic cap, remove that and you should find threads inside 

The regulator is upside down in your photo. The threaded end at the top of the photo should have some gaps in the threads - that is a safety feature so that if it somehow begins to unscrew while under pressure the air can escape safely before the regulator flies off

Screw that end into the cylinder 

Do not use any thread locker - just screw it on

You should tighten it to a specified torque - if the documentation and markings are there then the cylinder and regulator should have a torque setting provided 

If all is good then you fill it using the nipple under the yellow cap

The end that we can see has a pin in the centre. That is the pin valve which will release the air when in use 

To use it for airsoft you will most likely need a remote airline with the appropriate connections on either end

Depending on the gun you will be using, and the output pressure of the regulator you will probably need another regulator to step down to the guns working pressure - check out the other threads on here about HPA systems 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.