Umarex H&K MP7 VS TM MP7

Joe142

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, so as the title suggests what’s the difference (other than size) between these 2 MP7s? I can order the umarex one sooner than the TM and was wondering which is better all in all 

1 hour ago, Joe142 said:

Hi all, so as the title suggests what’s the difference (other than size) between these 2 MP7s? I can order the umarex one sooner than the TM and was wondering which is better all in all 

I've got the Umarex one and it's an absolute hoot to use. Happily lifts .30's , seems pretty accurate in use. Mine came with the CQB bolt fitted so is running at about 1 joule. Seems happy on Nuprol Green or Red gas. 

Cant comment on the TM version but I'm sure someone will be able too before long.

3 hours ago, Nick G said:

I've got the Umarex one and it's an absolute hoot to use. Happily lifts .30's , seems pretty accurate in use. Mine came with the CQB bolt fitted so is running at about 1 joule. Seems happy on Nuprol Green or Red gas. 

Cant comment on the TM version but I'm sure someone will be able too before long.

Thank you for the reply buddy, how is it reliability wise? 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

From the TM's perspective it's close to perfect imo. Both the KWA and TM are 90% of the actual size of the gun - if you want full size you'll need a WE New Wave Small Rice or VFC.

But yeah, I've owned 3 TMs now and they've all been rock solid without user-induced failures, although the nozzles are known to break if you're using green gas+ in the summer. Creation nozzles are a good replacement.

I tend to just stick to 134a or equivalent and it lifts .3s fine, just as the KWA seems to do :D Once you use green or higher, FPS tends to go above site limits.

I haven't heard too many complaints about the KWA MP7 either tbh. It saw a lot of usage in the states, plenty of folk over there loved them.

E: Disregard everything I said about KWA.. I thought they were the OEM but looks like it's VFC.

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

Had the TM mp7 for about 6 years now, by far my most favourite gun and the most reliable, used it hot and cold and once the mag base plates have been sealed its been flawless other than a hop rubber change in all that time, run it on abbey sniper gas most of the time, used .28s and never had a problem, a lot of guys say the nozzle is prone to breaking but i seem to have gotten one that refuses to break😂

cant comment much on the umarex/vfc one too much, had hands on with the new gen AEG and wasn't majorly impressed with the exterior looks (the TM finish felt much better) though the guy using it thought quite highly of its performance.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.