PTS MAWL

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Lots of speculation on this over the past few years, i like the look of the MAWL and like PTS 'quality' if i cant afford the real deal (which i cant for a RS MAWL).....

Looks like Ali saves the day though - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003020420649.html?ug_edm_item_id=1005003020420649&edm_click_module=item_detail&tracelog=rowan&rowan_id1=aeug_edm_19368_1_en_US_2021-08-05&rowan_msg_id=5053biz_pay_after_purchase:0:0_2378255$710735db33424d02aa40ca99edb87fa9&ck=in_edm_other

Still pretty expensive for chinese knock off, anyone bought or can recommend?

It looks an feel great, plastic feels really nice everything clicks in positive and buttons are nice and responsive but its useless to me at least, you hold down the button, light comes on then 3 seconds after that laser is constant on. That's both for VIS and IR.  

Had no way to test it but the red laser is not even close to class one, would been burning retinas out there sockets if it was pointed down someone's magnified optic.

Hey, i think i read your review on Ali!  Thats a bummer, do you recon you may have got a faulty unit?  What do you recon to the light, is it bright enough, or do you need to run a seperate torch with it?  Not sure it's currently worth a ton plus, especially if PTS do end up releasing one.

Do you have any pics mounted?

Thanks for your response 🙂   

I sent it back for a refund, no pics I am afraid but it looks and mounts just like the real one. It would be OK as a nav light but as it switches off and turns the laser on after a few seconds its pretty useless even at that. 

It works in tandem with a weapon light really well when you hook up your light with something like the modbutton rip off, with all 3 switches in line, and that was my plan. If they go down in price I would be tempted to get another and rip apart and see if I could make one button do mom laser and the other constant.

• Supporters

Operating modes are not the same as a real one:

MAWL-C1+

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.