Do Ghk G5 Lower Receivers Really Crack After Only 3000-4000 Rounds?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So after countless hours of trying to decide what should be my main gbbr, I remembered the G5 existed. And yet have been put off by some YouTube videos that state how you have to fill them with epoxy to stop them from cracking. Is this just a issue with the older productions or a consistent problem?

I have been looking at some of GHK's more recent offerings but after mags, attachments and upgrades the higher asking price starts to look less and less possible. 

As always any and all incite is greatly appreciated :) 

Plus if anyone knows whether I could put on the carbine kit but leave the shorter inner barrel in (so that I could make it look integrally suppressed without needing a Dremel) that would also be really helpful.

• ClearCut Airsoft changed the title to Do Ghk G5 Lower Receivers Really Crack After Only 3000-4000 Rounds?
Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

+1 to what Hunter said, GHK have released, I think, 3 models of the G5 - the original, and 2 revisions. Revision #1 had some extra material in the rear of the receiver to help against cracking. FWIW I have the original, fired circa 5k rounds through it and it's doing fine so far!

Even in the unlikely event it does crack, new receivers are available readily from numerous sources.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.