Fps Increase V Barrel Length

BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Nothing showed up in a forum Search. so thinking about getting a pistol carbine kit for CQB (for TM M9 or Hi Capa based) and want to run an extended barrel, is there a rule of thumb or calculation for increase/decrease of FPS relative to barrel length or is it just a case of fit it and see? If I put a 300mm + barrel is going to be a likelyhood of it running hot or not? 

• Supporters

i've not seen one.

it's related to the original length that the gun is gassed for, so adding 100mm to a pistol is gonna have a bigger impact than taking 100mm off a rifle.

if it's for cqb tbh i wouldn't even bother changing it, effective range of a tm pistol is more than fine for those kinds of distances.

15 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if it's for cqb tbh i wouldn't even bother changing it, effective range of a tm pistol is more than fine for those kinds of distances.

More than likely. my main reason for a longer barrel was it to be in line with the outer barrel so that the BB doesn't ricochet.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, BigStew said:

More than likely. my main reason for a longer barrel was it to be in line with the outer barrel so that the BB doesn't ricochet.

shouldn't be too much of an issue.

if the bb path/outer barrel is deviating enough for that to happen then there are bigger problems at stake :P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.