Gas or Co2 on Cz P-09? Optional'

AngryPete

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I am looking to buy my first pistol and when I was looking at ASG CZ P-09 or CZ P-01 they both say gas blowback pistol and down in description it say "optional CO2 magazine". It say nothing in description what is preferred gas, not even on ASG website.

Is that mean I could run on day both types of magazine? Or it is only CO2?

I am little bit lost in this now.

Can you please advice?

There are two versions, one with a metal slide and one with a polymer. The metal slide version can handle green gas or CO2, the polymer only green gas (and possibly lower powered in summer). I have the metal slide and my preference is to use CO2, as it's around the 330 - 340fps mark and very snappy. In answer to your question, yes the same gun can be run on either CO2 or green gas mags. I used mine on Saturday and spent all day just using CO2 (you should get 3-4 mags from one capsule), then at the end I ran through the green gas mag to lubricate the internals.

I've had many pistols and this is one of my favourites. The only slight negatives being it's a bit underwhelming on green gas and the hop bucking is a special type, so you can only use a select few.  

I have the same pistol (metal slide/co2 mags) and completely agree with everything Cr0-Magnon said!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.