Jefftron Leviathan Issues

KOBK81

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all fellow leviathan v2 users. Has any of you experienced issues with your device after installing firmware 1.30? My leviathan which is nearly a year old now has developed issues after the firmware update. Having been in lockdown for so long now i havnt had chance to use the leviathan for any prolonged period although it has been used at my little indoor range at work. It has been working flawlessly on firmware 1.26. Today i connecred my battery and linked to the app to find the error code filled with about 30 unfunctioning application messages. Im using the new 3.0.1 app and i keep getting crazy sequences of beeps and my mosfet temp is showing 503 degrees celcius and the motor start current has jumped up to over double. Nothing has been changed in the gearbox. Jefftron are saying i have a short circuit between the leviathan and the gearbox which i know isnt the case as ive split the box and checked every aspect of the device. Im trying to find out if im not alone in experiencing issues after the latest firmware update. Ive also experienced alit of issues regarding the new v2 rfts and the v3 rfts. Please share your thougts. Thanks 

Screenshot_20210423-094539_Leviathan.jpg

Edited by KOBK81
Forgot to add some info

• Supporters
5 hours ago, KOBK81 said:

Morning all fellow leviathan v2 users. Has any of you experienced issues with your device after installing firmware 1.30? My leviathan which is nearly a year old now has developed issues after the firmware update. Having been in lockdown for so long now i havnt had chance to use the leviathan for any prolonged period although it has been used at my little indoor range at work. It has been working flawlessly on firmware 1.26. Today i connecred my battery and linked to the app to find the error code filled with about 30 unfunctioning application messages. Im using the new 3.0.1 app and i keep getting crazy sequences of beeps and my mosfet temp is showing 503 degrees celcius and the motor start current has jumped up to over double. Nothing has been changed in the gearbox. Jefftron are saying i have a short circuit between the leviathan and the gearbox which i know isnt the case as ive split the box and checked every aspect of the device. Im trying to find out if im not alone in experiencing issues after the latest firmware update. Ive also experienced alit of issues regarding the new v2 rfts and the v3 rfts. Please share your thougts. Thanks 

Screenshot_20210423-094539_Leviathan.jpg

I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on them for that. Max temperature for a MOSFET is around 175 degC. As for getting over 100A through one? Nah.

I dont quite understand your reply. 

• Supporters
On 24/04/2021 at 00:28, KOBK81 said:

I dont quite understand your reply. 

The maximum internal temperature for a MOSFET diode is around 175 deg C. If they're saying it's 503 deg C then it should be completely crispy, probably along with the rest of your gun. MOSFETs have a negative temperature co-efficient so as the temperature goes up, the current throughput drops. It's what makes them immune to thermal runaway (a standard transistor has a positive temperature co-efficient so they pass more current when they get hot, which makes them hotter, which passes more current etc etc until it explodes) so if your MOSFET actually DID hit 500+ deg C then it wouldn't be passing over 100 A.

Either the Jefftron is fucked or the firmware is bollocksed. Personally I'd say it's the firmware update.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.