Sight Recommendations

Zitch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Howdy,

Looking for recommendations for a mid range sight, its for my AK74 so looking for something with a slight magnification but not huge. Also as I'm new i'm not looking to keep it cheap for now until I know what style suits me. Any recommendations/pics of similar set ups would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Zitch  

• Supporters

tbh, red dot.

the main thing magnification is useful for in airsoft is shot-tracking, but if you've got the gun dialed in and are shooting at an honest target you can do anything at airsoft ranges with no magnification.

how are you planning on mounting? siderail ris/top cover or gas block?

54 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tbh, red dot.

the main thing magnification is useful for in airsoft is shot-tracking, but if you've got the gun dialed in and are shooting at an honest target you can do anything at airsoft ranges with no magnification.

how are you planning on mounting? siderail ris/top cover or gas block?

Red dot it is then, cheers. :) I have a 20mm rail mount adapter that sits over the top cover and also has a side rail mounted. 

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, Zitch said:

Red dot it is then, cheers. :) I have a 20mm rail mount adapter that sits over the top cover and also has a side rail mounted. 

that's the system i preferr, seems more solid at retaining zero than the ones integrated into the top cover.

gas block/sight block mount works too although not good for magnified.

one thing i would suggest is going for something low-profile/without risers, by the time you get to the siderail there's already a fair chunk of bore offset on an ak, although granted it seems like the russians don't care going by the state of their optics.

Yea, it did originally come with a mini red dot which looked ok on it, was just knackered. Will probably get something similar. 

• Supporters

on a siderail those super cheap 1x30 tube optics look kind of decent, poor man's pk-a:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goetland-Reflex-Rifle-Scope-Mounts/dp/B074LHCRGJ/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=1x30mm+red+dot]&qid=1616704840&sr=8-14

^note they can be found in that style cheaper, it's just the first hit on amazon.

granted they're *ahem* "airsoft grade" when it comes to parralax at least going by the one i have which is presumably churned out from the same factory.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

on a siderail those super cheap 1x30 tube optics look kind of decent, poor man's pk-a:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goetland-Reflex-Rifle-Scope-Mounts/dp/B074LHCRGJ/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=1x30mm+red+dot]&qid=1616704840&sr=8-14

granted they're *ahem* "airsoft grade" when it comes to parralax at least going by the one i have which is presumably churned out from the same factory.

Yea I was looking at that one, or possibly this one; 

JASHKE Airsoft Red Dot Sight Scope 1x30mm Holographic Sight Rifle Scope Sights with 11mm/20mm Weaver/Picatinny Rail Mount for Hunting https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081CS6SDC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_N58B62JVZ1R70DF1R3RF

or just a standard mini red dot. 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Zitch said:

Yea I was looking at that one, or possibly this one; 

JASHKE Airsoft Red Dot Sight Scope 1x30mm Holographic Sight Rifle Scope Sights with 11mm/20mm Weaver/Picatinny Rail Mount for Hunting https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081CS6SDC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_N58B62JVZ1R70DF1R3RF

or just a standard mini red dot. 

not so much a fan of that front hood myself, but airsoft optics are about 90% personal taste (until you're wanting to put the money into something with decent parallax)

the mini red dot (open rmr type thing) i think doesn't work so well on a siderail, just looks like a lot of mount with not a lot of optic. however they do work quite nicely on a gas tube mount. although again that's a personal taste thing.

• Supporters

welcome to soviet firearms :P

you think the siderail is bad try plastering an ak in zenitco......

and then mounting a pbs-4 on it.........

and buying the steel lct version that's like 1.75lb..........

on the plus side i don't need to go to a gym to weightlift any more :P

• Supporters

Funny i was thinking there about the irony that i dislike the l85 for being too damn heavy :P

In my defence its only heavy after i plastered it in stuff that looks cool but had limited usage in outdoor daylight games.....

and then the idea fairy struck and was like "you should definately mount that gen1 scope on it too just to really go over the top"

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Funny i was thinking there about the irony that i dislike the l85 for being too damn heavy :P

In my defence its only heavy after i plastered it in stuff that looks cool but had limited usage in outdoor daylight games.....

and then the idea fairy struck and was like "you should definately mount that gen1 scope on it too just to really go over the top"

Haha sound like a great idea at the time! And rule of cool counts for a lot! 😂

So I ended up picking the one with the hood. So far I’m quite impressed with it for the price.

Feels solid and secure on the mount. zeroing feels solid and secure and clicks nicely with each adjustment. Dot is clear and visible on all 11 settings and I can’t see it being an issue in bright light. 

looking forward to a good game day to get a good trial with it. 

133F30CE-1DCE-4EC2-8C9C-60BF6BB245EA.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.