Calling on TM Ngrs Owners Help

Andy321

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Was going to tear down my new TM and fit a few parts but I've been halted by something I've seen and don't want to go any further till I came here for a bit of advise :) 

I've tried my best the attached some decent photo's and was wondering are these "marks" on the gearbox what's been left from the casting process or "god forbid" cracks? Now it is late and I've had a couple beers so my eyes might be letting me down here. I'm thinking they are casting marks as when running a flat edge over them there is a slight step (if that makes sense), also if a apply a small amount of pressure they don't seem to open up any further. I've had a look at some images on the net and have noticed shadows etc in the same places on a few of them but it hard to tell definitely. 

So question is, could some of you nice lot who have one of these guns/ V2 NGRS gearbox have a look to see if yours have the same?

BTW, this is a brand new stock gun (MK18) and has only fired about 30 shots.

Thanks in advance.

IMG20210220225010.thumb.jpg.33143b21d8e179870638d14563857a7c.jpgIMG20210220225037.thumb.jpg.4f68bcba894a60f9e66e3ba2a4bdee28.jpgIMG20210220224633.thumb.jpg.b23829e2ab8dc3c7dbaf8a51aaf25fab.jpg

IMG20210220225125.thumb.jpg.370644446e6feebd73a69cc2e177be3a.jpgIMG20210220225253.thumb.jpg.f05a00642283c934ce6ccad28cec87fe.jpg

The list of parts I've got is...

Gate titan

Prommy piston and piston head

Prommy cylinder

Prommy spring guide

Lonex gears

Lonex bushings

Lonex nozzle

Eagle6 M90 spring

Prommy 6.03 275mm barrel and purple bucking flat hop

Deans mod

Not sure what's going in yet though. Titan,spring guide, bushings,gears,nozzle and barrel will be for definite though. Not sure about the piston/piston head and spring as the I should get about 320~ fps without them and I'll be happy with that.

That’s a standard upgrade list. Pretty much what I have sense the lonex gears as I just go full prommy. Your motor will be the downfall though.  Chuck in an upgraded motor. ASG infinity or an Action Army 30k preferably the former. Your setup will take you to 340fps easy on 0.2’s if not more. 

Now here’s the interesting bit. This will make you laugh. In one of my builds I have a prommy spring guide, a lonex nozzle, a prommy 275mm tight bore and a prommy purple. Running on a stock Marui spring/cylinder/cylinder head/piston. And I’m getting 330-333fps!!! I fell over laughing. I could believe that bump in power. For curiosity I’m gonna Chuck in a M95 and see what that does and then also change the piston/cylinder etc for full prommy and again see what the result is.  

That's the thing see. In my old setup with the above complete list of bits fitted and only a M90 it was too hot at ~360 fps.

That's why I'm thinking I may leave the stock spring,piston/piston head and fit the rest of the stuff. If I'm lucky I may see around 330 fps like yours which I'll be happy with. Stands a good chance as this gun is shooting 305 fps stock.

I would like to get the action army 30k but I'm going to leave the stock motor in until it warrants replacing. On my old setup after the upgrades I was getting 15rps on the stock motor which sounded just right and the trigger response was nice and snappy thanks to the titan.

I keep toying with the idea of how much i need to upgrade my NGRS's but the charging handle assembly scares me, as do all the other small springs. Plus my workshop is a mess....

I flip between full prommy builds, to "top half gearbox" builds to just tbb and 'fet.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.