Any Ghk G5 Users Here?

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hope you're keeping safe n' sound!

Long-story, short - In terms of usability my preferred RIF's are SMG's & PDW's. In my collection I have 2 x EVO 3A1's, 2 x DE Honey Badgers and a fairly short CYMA Platinum M4 (like @L3wisD I was also a Sad Panda over not being able to impulse the new platinum MP5). I also prefer to only have guns I think I would enjoy using in a game, so while I Love the look of the TM M4A1 and other bigger/heavier guns, I think in terms of GBBR I'd get along a lot better with a GHK G5.

Because I've got 5 x very easy to use AEG's, I'm not worried about winter use etc, just want to play a more challenging style where I'm not tempted (or able) to just spray n' pray.

Are they fun, reliable and decent performing guns? I actually briefly owned one but it was second-hand, beat to hell and functioned like crap.

I actually lovey g5. It's very reliable I've read (I've not had it that long) but it's a great feeling Rif, great gas efficiency I've found too. The only gripe I have is the mags and mag release on the inside towards your body if your right handed. I've caught it several times and broken two mag feedlips on that blooming thing. I'm working on a 3d print design to make it more flush to stop that though. The mags themselves are very good albeit the feedlips are a pain to get hold of if u break them!

I've had a TM mp7 gbb and I prefer this tbh

That's good, a fairly minor issue too! Have you done any modifications, such as epoxy? (or is that not needed on the newer gen?)

What sort of FPS are you getting out the box?

I’ve owned three I think, great little GBB SMG’s. Like all GBB, expensive mags and they do suffer from cool down on full auto.

You can mitigate if you run them on CO2, Google the Devil Hunter mod. As long as you have a gen2 with the reinforced lower, you don’t need to do anything more, but I’d recommend not firing it frequently un-shouldered.

4 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

That's good, a fairly minor issue too! Have you done any modifications, such as epoxy? (or is that not needed on the newer gen?)

What sort of FPS are you getting out the box?

Nope none mate. I've got upgrades like the hop wheel and barrel but nothing massive.

Getting a bit under the limit on .28 on green pal

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.