Help Please as to Why My AEG Only Fires Semi.

Sam-Bristol123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Have a LCT TX74UN. followed a guide to disassemble the v3 gearbox. However after reassembling the gun only fires semi automatic. It will fire auto once when I put the gun from safety into full auto but once I either take my finger off the trigger or move it from semi back onto full it will only fire semi automatic. I have tried reassembling it multiple times incase I am missing something. Everything seems to be fitting together. Followed multiple guides but nothing seems to make it full auto again. Spent the last 3 nights for a good few ours each trying to get this sorted to no avail. 

Any help would be truly appreciated. 

Thanks

• Supporters

i wanna say it's the teeth on the selector arm jumping out of position during reassembly, they're tricksy buggers for doing that.

best way i've found is to ensure to assemble with the gun on it's left side, let gravity hopefully hold them in place but hold them down for extra security.

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i wanna say it's the teeth on the selector arm jumping out of position during reassembly, they're tricksy buggers for doing that.

best way i've found is to ensure to assemble with the gun on it's left side, let gravity hopefully hold them in place but hold them down for extra security.

Have put the gearbox in and out so many times of the body of the gun that I must've put it in right at least once but it's always the same. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Sam-Bristol123 said:

Have put the gearbox in and out so many times of the body of the gun that I must've put it in right at least once but it's always the same. 

it's always worth checking and double checking the teeth.

is it top wired? you might be having issues with the selector plate catching on the wires and getting stuck forward (come to think of it, that would explain why it'll fire auto once then go to only semi), if the selector lever is stiff this would be a good indicator.

Have you tried testing the gearbox outside of the body, i.e. checking auto and semi? Hooking up a battery and examining functions before you go to put it into the body.

Is it a newish gun, some of the parts can wear away. 

Finally, when you disassembled it, did you change any of the parts in the gearbox? 

Here's a useful link that can help with the visualizations. https://tacticalparts.com/blog/diagnosing-version-3-selector-switc/

16 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's always worth checking and double checking the teeth.

is it top wired? you might be having issues with the selector plate catching on the wires and getting stuck forward (come to think of it, that would explain why it'll fire auto once then go to only semi), if the selector lever is stiff this would be a good indicator.

All sorted. You must've been right. I put the teeth in the correct position that looked correct on the selector switch but it was one tooth to far over so moved it across and now it's all good. Thank you 

7 hours ago, DerDer said:

Have you tried testing the gearbox outside of the body, i.e. checking auto and semi? Hooking up a battery and examining functions before you go to put it into the body.

Is it a newish gun, some of the parts can wear away. 

Finally, when you disassembled it, did you change any of the parts in the gearbox? 

Here's a useful link that can help with the visualizations. https://tacticalparts.com/blog/diagnosing-version-3-selector-switc/

All sorted now. It was one tooth to many across on the selector switch. Nothing was replaced. Glad it's sorted was racking my brain for ages 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Sam-Bristol123 said:

All sorted. You must've been right. I put the teeth in the correct position that looked correct on the selector switch but it was one tooth to far over so moved it across and now it's all good. Thank you 

yep, i'm still not entirely certain why they decided to have such a ridiculous mechanism for the fire selector

16 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yep, i'm still not entirely certain why they decided to have such a ridiculous mechanism for the fire selector

Will give Arcturus credit for at least trying to improve it. Their one reduces the chance of it slipping. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, DerDer said:

Will give Arcturus credit for at least trying to improve it. Their one reduces the chance of it slipping. 

can't say i'm familiar with the arcturus system.

although tbh my ak buying habits tend to start at exterior quality and end at e&l

35 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

can't say i'm familiar with the arcturus system.

although tbh my ak buying habits tend to start at exterior quality and end at e&l

To be fair that's a sensible option. Ever since LCT fell under the Nuprol  umbrella, E&L are probably the logical option.

Exceptions would be if you had your heart set on a Yugo or Hungarian AK. 

Give you an idea of the Arcturus. 

astkilo23_arc_ak_disassembly.jpg

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, DerDer said:

To be fair that's a sensible option. Ever since LCT fell under the Nuprol  umbrella, E&L are probably the logical option.

yeah, i must admit it was quite the eye opener buying an lct.

but i'm running an e&l now so all is good with the world :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.