Alibaba Sandinista/East German Chest Rig

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After a short wait it arrived! Not bad for the price I paid, the material is great quality and fits AK magazines perfectly, the only two negatives is the leather used has started to crumble already, but I can always replace it with some real leather so wont be a major problem, the only other thing is the amount of eyelets on the shoulder straps, not enough to be able to have the chest rig itself higher up on your chest, but again can easily be fixed, if anyone has some good weathering techniques to get this rig looking a bit darker and not so bright! It would be very much appreciated! 👌🏻 if anyone wants to get themselves a repro style East German chest rig, contact me and I will send you the details of the seller 👍🏻

20200702_092051.jpg

20200702_092106.jpg

20200702_092121.jpg

20200702_092137.jpg

20200702_092203.jpg

20200702_092731.jpg

20200702_092749.jpg

20200702_092017.jpg

20200702_092025.jpg

@Shootin Aces 👋

Liking the new rig, something you don’t see on the field every day! 😎👍

If you want to weather it, take It to your local field or put it on and roll around in the dirt! 😜

Do you have a chicom rig?

If so how does it compare with this one? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

4 hours ago, GAMBLE said:

@Shootin Aces 👋

Liking the new rig, something you don’t see on the field every day! 😎👍

If you want to weather it, take It to your local field or put it on and roll around in the dirt! 😜

Do you have chicom rig?

If so how does it compare with this one? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Sounds like a plan mate! As for chicom I used to have one so from memory both are great, but with this one the poppers on the pouches make them easier to open and access magazines etc. more so than the chicom anyway, but the chicom also felt lighter than this as the metal on a chicom are 0 compared to this and was easier to adjust :) 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.