Umarex H8r Gen.2

Cr0-Magnon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now the Summer is solidly upon us and fields are re-opening I'm trying to put together a loadout which will be light and cool.

My plan to avoid running too much is using my VSR-10. However that's left me wondering which sidearm would be best for not having to worry about gas bottles and extra mags.

Am I crazy for thinking an Umarex H8R would be the ideal solution? Non-blowback so very gas efficient, CO2 = lots of shots per bulb and I can easily carry a few bulbs in my pockets, small plastic disks rather than much larger and heavier metal magazines. Bonus is that they're less than £100.

The only trouble is they don't seem to be available in the UK.

I mean, any pistol would work. When I run my VSR I only use a belt kit and I manage to carry my VSR with 4 mags and my P226 with 5 mags, as well as a bottle of water.

Now, I usually also ghillie up, but if it's stupidly hot I can just run that belt kit with a pair of trousers and a t-shirt if I want.

Honestly though, if you want a sidearm where you don't have to worry about anything... TM MP7 AEP in a drop leg platform. No need for gas because it's electric and the mags are super light.

Archived