Auto Winder

2RIR
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, just a quick question. Has anyone used the auto winders for the hi cap magazine, if so where did you get it and what did you think of it, cheers looking forward to hearing from you. 

Instead of buying some expensive gimmick (I assume you are using an AR platform and you're dead set on using high caps), why don't you get a few lonex (not clones) flash mags?

Cheers skara, I do have mostly mid caps that I use, but also have hi cap mags that I use towards the end of an all day skirmish, have to say didn't know about the flash mags so thanks for that much appreciated. I've sold most of my hi caps, the auto winder I seen being used before lockdown, looked handy for fast reload, they don't seem to popular can't find much reviews on them that's why I asked on the forum. Like I said thanks for the info much appreciated. 

They are not popular because people mostly used midcaps.

Here in italy they aren't either because they're a bit more expensive than regular high caps (not even that much, it's €15 vs €9 and it's not like you're buying a bunch every week).

https://www.airsoftworld.net/battleaxe-auto-winder.html

Are you talking about this, aren't you?

I'd avoid it like the plague, not only it looks cheap as hell, but as the description states

An electric winder for winding hi-cap ratchet wheels up on the bottom of the magazine. Save your fingers! Winds a 350rd M4 mag in about 20 seconds. Requires 2x AAA batteries which are supplied but as they come from China, don't expect it to wind too many mags before you need to replace the batteries :)

It takes 20 seconds to wind a high cap, whereas a flash mags takes maybe 6/7

needs 2xAAA batteries and it's extra stuff to carry around. Flash mags come in a single, convenient package and they barely weigh more than a standard high cap.

Yeah that's what I was looking at, I'm gonna give it a miss already ordered some flash mags. 

I see your from Italy, how's things over there? Any sign of things easing yet. 

There's a few airsoft fields talking about opening within the next couple of weeks, so hopefully get a game before the summers over, just might feel like some sort of normality, anyway thanks again for the advice and stay safe. 

Archived