Maple Leaf Vs Tnt - AEG Hop Rubbers

Zarrin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I tend to either use ML Macaron green/yellow with an omega nub, or flat hop by modifying a standard rubber and making a nub out of eraser. More and more these days i tend to just go for ML as it's just quicker and easier and the results are decent. Having said that, my most accurate and consistent gun uses one of my own flat hops, problem is some times the results on the flat hop can be a bit hit or miss, but when they turn out well, they tend to be better than anything I have.

I spotted the TNT rubbers and nubs recently: 

https://www.skirmshop.co.uk/2-pack-aeg-60.html

https://www.skirmshop.co.uk/tnt-studio-t-nub.html

I like the way the way the window patch and nub contacts look - these look like they are closer to a standard flat hop - though ofc perfectly done in the factory (some times hard to do with your own handy work).

ML use a triangular flat protruding patch where as TNT use a larger and longer patch - to my eye it actually looks as though some barrel windows may need modding/extending to make use of the TNT.

But the TNT gives me the impression of more contact for longer on the patch and therefore potentially a better system.

I may give TNT a spin - anyone tried them?

Or even better, has any one tried both ML and TNT with a clear favorite?

• Supporters

haven't used them, but the shape looks all right.

of course it'll depend how good the manufacture/compound is.

tbh i'm consistently hopping .48's at 1j with a 40°ml macaron which i think is a pretty good level of performance.

if you give it a go do report back on your findings, my m4 gets anything that makes it more accurate :P

59 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tbh i'm consistently hopping .48's at 1j with a 40°ml macaron which i think is a pretty good level of performance.

Jeez, .48s... fire ya gun, bug out, go brew a cuppa, come back and the guy on the other end gets hit.. otherwise known as approximately 210 fps :lol:

Though i'm guessing it's pretty damn flat, and consistent. I think i'm a little behind the curb, i'm still on .25 and .28 @ 1.15j setups and 0.3 with DMRs.

It's not because I wont go heavier, i just have tens of thousands of rounds in the above weights....    and i only play semi auto 😐

Who knows, maybe in 10 years I might make it up to a bottle of 0.36 😜

59 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if you give it a go do report back on your findings, my m4 gets anything that makes it more accurate :P

Aye will do, might actually do a flat hop/ML/TNT versus review... that might be cool.

But at this rate with lock down i'm starting to wonder if I am ever gonna see my kit again, let alone get around to the above 🥺 

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

Jeez, .48s... fire ya gun, bug out, go brew a cuppa, come back and the guy on the other end gets hit.. otherwise known as approximately 210 fps :lol:

Though i'm guessing it's pretty damn flat, and consistent. I think i'm a little behind the curb, i'm still on .25 and .28 @ 1.15j setups and 0.3 with DMRs.

It's not because I wont go heavier, i just have tens of thousands of rounds in the above weights....    and i only play semi auto 😐

Who knows, maybe in 10 years I might make it up to a bottle of 0.36 😜

it's not that bad, a lot of the percieved time difference is because it's going further. just learn the lead and it's fine, super satisfying when you get folk who literally walk into the shot.

and whilst yes folk can dodge them, so just shoot at the fella's behind them who don't think you can hit them :P

super expensive though, so i don't do it often. normally run .3's/.32's as a better balance of price/performance.

just finished wiring my tracer unit into the trigger so gonna give a stealth/tracer mix a go see how i like that.

32 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's not that bad, a lot of the percieved time difference is because it's going further. just learn the lead and it's fine, super satisfying when you get folk who literally walk into the shot.

and whilst yes folk can dodge them, so just shoot at the fella's behind them who don't think you can hit them :P

Well I suppose to some extent it amplifies your target's ability to dodge, you get those little bastad battles where the two of you are literally firing at each other for ages and you can see plain as day the streak of little white peppercorns flying your way. It's all about that delayed pre-fire, get him to peak into your shot 😛

But i'm always looking for the sneaky peaky flank, airsoft frustrates me so much when it turns into a two front WW1 style game - it becomes almost impossible to feed the flank addiction. Happens all the time at EAG Dorking in the push pull front line game mode they usually do towards the end of the day in the section round the back with the netting all the way round...  winning team is the one at the end whos pushed their front line beyond the half way point. 

My point there being is that if you can get into a nice flanky position your BB travel time usually ends up being less of an issue as your taking out guys who don't know you're there 😜.

God I miss airsoft...

• Supporters

Used to play whack a mole a lot but these days i've found it works surprisingly well to just switch targets and give the other guy a minute to get cocky and try to switch positions.

Its amazing how often people can just forget your there, its like the opposite of the normal fire and move tactic.

Archived