Picatinny Rail Spacer?

leadly
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I took delivery of a TM VSR G-Spec today, I managed to get 20 minutes to have a look at it and get my scope on.

Unfortunately, the front scope adjuster has grip notches on it and they foul on the barrel ever so slightly when being turned.

It looks like the mounts could do with being raised maybe 1 or 2 mm at the most. I don't want to use high mounts as I like the short mount look.

Can you buy shims or packers to go under the mount or rail?

I'm tempted to just layer up some.gorilla tape inside the each scope ring. Any potential issue with that as long as I ensure they're even? Plenty of thread left on the clamps.

Cheers,

Rich

You can get risers for things like this (example) - just search for rail risers at various airsoft retailers & shop around.

Ah, thanks for the quick reply. 

I'll see what I can find now I know the right term to use.

Thank you!

Had a bit more time on this now after putting the kids to bed.

After a quick gander the thinnest riser I could see was around 12mm and for around £20 I thought I'd atleast see if I could get away with some tape.

Doubled up 2 X bits of gorilla tape and put it in the bottom of each scope ring. It's raised it up enough to turn the end of the scope. There's just enough thread sticking out of the retaining screws but I'll see if I can "borrow" some longer cap heads from work when I'm.next in.

Does anyone dab a bit of locktite on them?

As you can see, there's contact when the grippy bits meet the barrel.

Thought I'd stick the gun in my barbell "gun rack" because, well why not.

I'll get a pic of the new gap later.

Got it zero'd in and I'm really chuffed with it. I sold my weihrauch .177 rifle to fund it. Must say, it's nice to be able to see the BB travel before hitting the target in stead of just a "thunk" from the break barrel and a hole in the target!

IMG_20200430_142216.jpg

IMG_20200430_140459.jpg

Ahh, that makes sense, the risers aren’t tall enough. Did you try the tape inside the scope mounts rings?

Yes I put a couple of bits of gorilla tape inside the ring mount and it's worked just nice!!

I'm now a deadly sniper.....at about 60ft. Got my pellet trap at the very bottom of the garden and I'm hiding in the lean-to between the house and the garage! I could probably squeeze another 20 feet out of it if I lined the car up right on the driveway and fired out of the boot 😂 But I don't think I'm at that stage just yet.......but the seed is planted!!

That's the gap I managed to create. Just enough!IMG_20200501_141937.thumb.jpg.6bde94d5b2bd4f14c8ae07aef4b5bb52.jpg

Managed to find some new cap heads at work! Looks lots better now, unfortunately even after removing one bolt at a time I still lost my zero, buts it's late now, so a job for another day.

IMG_20200503_213927.jpg

Archived