Jump to content
Bad Influence Airsoft

Full Review Thunder B grenade

Recommended Posts

see this is the problem with online reviews in this sort of format.

 

you mention that this is very reliable, but my own experience running 2 of them for over a year and plenty of anecdotes from other users is you have at best a 50% success ratio.

 

it gets worse over time too with the firing pin blunting and straight up not having enough force to puncture the cartridge, this starts with light strikes meaning the detonation time goes from seconds to minutes.

 

and that's before we talk about the proprietory "top hat" seal which rips almost immediately and means what gas does come out of the cartridge just goes straight out the firing pin rather than bursting the shell.

 

it's well documented on various forums these issues, some users cured things like the light strike issue by removing the spoon and letting the hammer rest on the firing pin, whacking it off a hard surface (in a similar style to japanese ww2 grenades) gets a reliable puncture at the risk of it going off in your hands.

 

there's also the issue of safety, a bad enough knock on a good grenade can be enough to cause a slow puncture which you won't immediately realise is happening until it explodes in your hand, which as you mention bloody hurts.

 

even out of the box (although they may have fixed this with the newer versions) the timing was somewhat inconsistent and generally too long (well above the 3-5 seconds that would notmally be practical for a timed grenade)

 

it's a fantastic concept for a grenade, especially for places where conventional pyro/bfg's are a bit more restricted. but the basic design and manufacture just isn't up to the long term and there are a lot of issues that become very apparent if you use them for more than a couple of games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello mate! :) i didnt said it is very reliable. i said as long as i used it i never had any failure and the way it works its really hard to fail. and that is the truth.. i am playing some months with that grenade and never had any problem.. also in my area most of the players use that ..:S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bad Influence Airsoft said:

hello mate! :) i didnt said it is very reliable. i said as long as i used it i never had any failure and the way it works its really hard to fail. and that is the truth.. i am playing some months with that grenade and never had any problem.. also in my area most of the players use that ..:S

 

 

not trying to call you out or anything, i'm just pointing out my own experience of these things and their reliability (or lack thereof). it's a problem that you see a lot when it comes to review of almost anything (not even just airsoft) that a first impression can be very different to a lifespan view of the product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/03/2020 at 21:20, Adolf Hamster said:

 

 

not trying to call you out or anything, i'm just pointing out my own experience of these things and their reliability (or lack thereof). it's a problem that you see a lot when it comes to review of almost anything (not even just airsoft) that a first impression can be very different to a lifespan view of the product.


No offence man..:) really like to hear your opinion also. and your opinion will help also another player to think about it. i totally agree with you for the reviews on first impressions and lifespan view... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/03/2020 at 10:09, Bad Influence Airsoft said:


No offence man..:) really like to hear your opinion also. and your opinion will help also another player to think about it. i totally agree with you for the reviews on first impressions and lifespan view... :)

 

glad we're on the same page.

 

it's such a shame, as when they work they really are awesome, i did have a project a while back to try and refine the mechanism but it fell at the hurdle of getting a strong enough spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

 

glad we're on the same page.

 

it's such a shame, as when they work they really are awesome, i did have a project a while back to try and refine the mechanism but it fell at the hurdle of getting a strong enough spring.

Also a guy told me a trick, that you can put a coin down to the shell,between shell and metal capsule of cartridge to make the grenade go off faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bad Influence Airsoft said:

Also a guy told me a trick, that you can put a coin down to the shell,between shell and metal capsule of cartridge to make the grenade go off faster.

 

Yeah theres a bunch of different tricks, drilling a 2mm hole in the side of the tube to let the gas out i found most effective.

 

The main problem is the firing pin blunts and the hammer spring isnt strong enough. So it goes downhill pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...