[FIXED] Seeking image or video of inlet / fill valves (G17 green gas)

Rogerborg
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

[Figured it out, see below]

"Raven" (i.e. Nuprol, i.e. random manufacturer), G17 green gas again.  I did warn ex-Workmate Eddy, but...

OK, the fill valve was leaking, and silicone oil around the outer o-ring didn't help, so like a genius / fool I've disassembled the valve completely.  Now I don't know exactly where the two inner o-rings go on the inner stem of the valve. 

I know, buy a new valve, but I'd like to have a go at this myself.  My Google-fu is failing to find an image of the fully disassembled valve showing where the o-rings need to go though.

Any ideas?

• Supporters

Thanks, but I figured it out.  The inner stem has two o-rings on it.  The smaller perches loosely right right at bottom[*], where it's held in place by the spring in the lower section once that's screwed back on.  The larger goes right at the top/outside of the valve, and should be inserted after reassembling the valve, by positioning it onto the end of the stem, then setting it into place with a fill nozzle.

Neither of them actually goes fully on to the stem while re-assembling the valve, that's what was confusing me.

Anyway, derp, it turns out that the leak is probably from the base plate rather than the valve, so I'm RTV glooping that now.

Honour demands that if I can't fix it that I donate one of my mags and then throw this one in the Box of Things to Be Fixed on the 31st of February 20XX. ;)

[*] "Bottom" is the end furthest inside the magazine, as you'll be working with the valve / mag inverted.

Archived