Supressor Problems

Rascal_Bowen
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ive had my Specna Arms SA-A03 MK18 for a few months now and I’ve been trying my best to kit it all out. I’ve recently brought a BIG DRAGON 5.56 QDC LONG SUPRESSOR WITH FLASH HIDER. I’ve put the flash hider on the end of the barrel and made sure it’s properly secured. I’ve put the supressor on the end and everything worked perfect. Recently while shooting the BB’s keep smashing and breaking from the inside of the supressor or they fire out but instantly drop. I’m not sure if this is due to the hop up either too high or too low as my knowledge isn’t great on guns. If anyone could help that would be brilliant!

thank you 

If you take your additions off, does the gun fire correctly? if so there is something in the suppressor that is causing an obstruction to the BB or direction the blast air back at the BB. Is the foam in place, can you see through the suppressor clearly?

If the gun doesnt fire properly without the suppressor, clean your barrel and release the hop, or check air seals

To adjust hop, look through the barrel and release the hop till the least amount of hop rubber is showing, then that should allow the BB's to fly. If they are dropping excessively, gradually add hop till they level off (remember they are not magic and will drop eventually regardless of hop)

I’ve just tried it now without the supressor and flash hider and it works perfect I’ve put the flash hider back on and that too has worked perfect but as soon as I used the supressor it seems to be hitting the end. I’ve also checked my hop and it all looks fine and works. I can see through the supressor and at the end but I can’t see what the foam is like, is it possible that the foam inside has moved or displaced and is causing the bb to hit the end of the supressor?

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Rascal_Bowen said:

is it possible that the foam inside has moved or displaced and is causing the bb to hit the end of the supressor?

That or the suppressor isn't properly in line with the barrel.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Rascal_Bowen said:

That could be true, do you have any idea on how to make sure it’s in line?

First things first, hold it up to the light and check to see if anything is obstructing the path of the BB. Check to see if the inner lining has slipped and is over hanging at either end, potentially try taking the guts out of the suppressor and test fire it empty. If it still causes an issue the holes at either end aren't lining up properly and to be honest there's not a whole lot you can do about that.

43 minutes ago, Lozart said:

First things first, hold it up to the light and check to see if anything is obstructing the path of the BB. Check to see if the inner lining has slipped and is over hanging at either end, potentially try taking the guts out of the suppressor and test fire it empty. If it still causes an issue the holes at either end aren't lining up properly and to be honest there's not a whole lot you can do about that.

I will try this! Thank you for your support mate I really appreciate it 

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, Rascal_Bowen said:

I will try this! Thank you for your support mate I really appreciate it 

You're welcome. I've had this exact problem myself so I know how frustrating it is!

Archived