Tokyo Marui MP5A4 - old and unused for long time

Sloan85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello. I have a Tokyo Marui MP5A4 aeg that I bought in approximately 2002. I have not used for a long time so I am wondering how this compares to more modern weapons? I have the itch to start skirmishing again. 

What sort of maintenance would it likely need? I need new batteries so wondering if there anything else I should order at the same time. It was stock at the time (although I wanted to upgrade some internals) and was fairly well kept and silicon oiled regularly but wondering if seals or rubbers may have perished. 

Thanks

• Head Moderator

Moved it for you.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Sloan85 said:

Hello. I have a Tokyo Marui MP5A4 aeg that I bought in approximately 2002. I have not used for a long time so I am wondering how this compares to more modern weapons? I have the itch to start skirmishing again. 

What sort of maintenance would it likely need? I need new batteries so wondering if there anything else I should order at the same time. It was stock at the time (although I wanted to upgrade some internals) and was fairly well kept and silicon oiled regularly but wondering if seals or rubbers may have perished. 

Thanks

Hey there!  It should be fine against more modern guns, the design of the internals hasn't changed in YEEEEEEEEEEAAARS! I'd say it probably could do with a general service to replace any dried out greas in the gearbox, clean the barrel and maybe a fresh hop rubber (something like a Prometheus purple https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/laylax-prometheus-bucking-purple ) is a decent starting point. Beyond that a nice new 7.4V LiPo battery (and a proper charger to go with) and you're golden!

Archived