CM16 Barrel nut thread and handguard dilemma...

Cornholio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got gifted a CM16 Raider 2.0 so thought I would modify it slightly. I got an "ebay special" free float handguard and upon receiving it I noticed the threads are slightly different. The barrel nut on the new kit is ever so slightly loose on my CM16. It's like the threads don't have enough pitch to bite onto the male end properly. I'm completely new to all the different types and sizes of everything. Can anyone tell me what the threads would be on my CM16 and what I need to look out for, and would anyone be able to confirm if the kit linked below (different one to the one I ordered) would fit my RIF? Any help would be appreciated. The seller is offering me a refund for the one I bought already. I'm only looking for cheap options as it's my first gun that will probably be getting replaced at some point. 

Edit: I've just been told by a friend that he bought the one I am looking at below for his CYMA M4, so does anyone know if the thread system on the CYMA would be any different to my G&G? 

Cheers.

This is the one I am looking at now. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hunting-7-10-12-15-Bracket-M-LOK-Handguard-Free-Float-Picatinny-Rail-Mount/323493815392?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=512541974399&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

This is the one I have received and the barrel nut threads aren't quite right. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-9-10-12-13-5-15-Free-Float-Rail-Mount-M-LOK-Handguard-With-Steel-Nut-Black/123081039957?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=423502525337&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

• Mostly Retired Moderators

We need @Gepard to see this thread.. if I remember correctly, he was in a similar boat about a year ago.

I know the Nuprol free floats are listed as not being compatible with G&G receivers...

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

We need @Gepard to see this thread.. if I remember correctly, he was in a similar boat about a year ago.

Uhh, kind of. Mine was a different model of CM16. I can't actually tell if the 2.0 has a delta ring or if it's free float? There's a endcap but it doesn't seem to be held in place by anything. Looks like it's just part of the rail itself.

Swapping out from delta ring to free float is easy enough. Here's the one I have: LINK and it threads fine. Sounds as though you just unlucky and bought a part that wasn't compatible. 

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

Uhh, kind of. Mine was a different model of CM16. I can't actually tell if the 2.0 has a delta ring or if it's free float? There's a endcap but it doesn't seem to be held in place by anything. Looks like it's just part of the rail itself.

Swapping out from delta ring to free float is easy enough. Here's the one I have: LINK and it threads fine. Sounds as though you just unlucky and bought a part that wasn't compatible. 

Yeh the 2.0 is free float. I didn't know about the different threads before I ordered it lol. That ones you have I think it should fit. Theres a YouTube video of a guy putting it on the 2.0E but I chose to go for one of the slimmer models. Have you got any pictures of it on your rif? Cheers

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Yeh the 2.0 is free float. I didn't know about the different threads before I ordered it lol. That ones you have I think it should fit. Theres a YouTube video of a guy putting it on the 2.0E but I chose to go for one of the slimmer models. Have you got any pictures of it on your rif? Cheers

I don't see why the threads would be any different. It's a CM16 after all. 

I'll mount it real quick and change out the stock so you can get an idea of what it would look like on your gun. 

Edit: There you go mate

2019-03-03_13_00_57.jpg

33 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I'll mount it real quick and change out the stock so you can get an idea of what it would look like on your gun. 

2019-03-03_13_00_57.jpg

That looks great. I'm going to order one tonight :) Cheers

53 minutes ago, Gepard said:

2019-03-03_13_00_57.jpg

This is the one I ordered but the barrel nut doesn't fit tight enough. 13.5" slimline because I like the recessed suppressor look. Shame it doesn't fit properly lol

47215173962_9ceeaec07c_b.jpg53111039_10156339508782523_7372996071565295616_n

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

This is the one I ordered but the barrel nut doesn't fit tight enough. 13.5" slimline because I like the recessed suppressor look. Shame it doesn't fit properly lol

47215173962_9ceeaec07c_b.jpg53111039_10156339508782523_7372996071565295616_n

Yeah internal suppressors look sexy asf

Archived