G&G L85-A2 AFK Firing Issue

ColonKiller
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Could someone give me some pointers please? I am having firing issues with my SA80. 

Here are the facts;

it fires fine in semi-auto (dry fire)

It fires fine in full auto (dry fire)

it fires fine in full auto (loaded)

it locks up almost every shot in semi-auto (loaded)

I have to remove the mag and press the gearbox release to unjam it. 

It has had a new piston & gearbox but the problem is still occurring.

Please help.

Regards,

Neil

• Supporters

Unfortunately, that’s a common fault on the G&G L85.

There are many different reasons as to why, can be mag fit(in magwell), the selector can get worn, and some even believe that the gears aren’t suitable for the box(I believe some people sorted this with SR25 gears-don’t quote me on this)

You say you have installed a new Gearbox? Was that a brand new box or second hand? 

Your best bet would be paying a shop to do it, I tried with mine and gave up!

Hi, I have a similar problem with my G&G L85A2. I have had to replace the piston as the plastic teeth have been ground though. Now that I have replaced the piston it sounds correct when firing but no rounds are being shot out. they just drop out of the mag well when I remove the mag.

On 19/02/2019 at 19:24, Prisce said:

Unfortunately, that’s a common fault on the G&G L85.

There are many different reasons as to why, can be mag fit(in magwell), the selector can get worn, and some even believe that the gears aren’t suitable for the box(I believe some people sorted this with SR25 gears-don’t quote me on this)

You say you have installed a new Gearbox? Was that a brand new box or second hand? 

Your best bet would be paying a shop to do it, I tried with mine and gave up!

I did take it into the shop. I guess I could try a new mag perhaps?

16 hours ago, Prisce said:

Shop couldn’t fix it? Did they charge you? 

What mags are you using?

The put in a new piston & gearbox. Apparently the previous owner put a short cycle something or other in it. cost me £90 😞

Archived