WE Hi-Capa 4.3 Slide Locking

Matt9963
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Hope you're well.

I was hoping someone may be able to provide some guidance or advise on a little issue I'm having :)

I finally got to field my WE Hi-Capa 4.3 a few weeks ago, however after a solid few hours of game-play, when I was carrying out some maintenance in the evening I had noticed that the slide to the firearm was locking in place, even when the slide release catch was pushed back into it's default position.

When the firearm was pointing up or 'at horizon line' (read straight forward), the slide would lock in place as normal when empty. When pressing the slide catch back to neutral, the slide would return to place as default. When the firearm is pointed down, the slide would simply remain in it's 'empty' stage and not return back to it's neutral/default location when the slide catch is pressed down.

Hopefully the above makes sense? Essentially the slide is locking back (on empty of mag or by manual charge), even with the slide catch pressed down. I can't see anything obstructing it nor anything broken or cracked.

If anyone has experienced the same or is aware of this issue any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I've reached out to WE but I know you folks are a lot more experienced and tend to provide a lot more help than standard support services from a large company)

Thank you!

Matt.

• Supporters

check the hammer? i know a common one on 1911 patterns is if the sear is worn a little the hammer can sit forward and block the slide coming forward, although i wouldn't suspect that on a reasonably new gun.

could also be some dirt in the action maybe?

54 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

check the hammer? i know a common one on 1911 patterns is if the sear is worn a little the hammer can sit forward and block the slide coming forward, although i wouldn't suspect that on a reasonably new gun.

could also be some dirt in the action maybe?

Thanks mate, have just taken a little look at the hammer and it doesn't appear to be rubbing against anything. Iive even held it back and tried to release the slide, still nothing - it's still sticking.

I've stripped the whole thing apart and cleaned out everything I can. No dirt, mud, shrapnel, foreign bodies - absolutely nothing.

Appreciate the help mate, but might be an email to manufacturer.

I'm not super experienced but just wondering whether it is worth having a look at the slide and body. Where are there scratches and signs of wear?

Believe it or not sometimes some screws on the WE pistols can come loose (happened to me) screws holding sights in place extra can come loose and cause a jam. Just check the tightness of them. - hope some of my ramble is useful 😀👍.

On 28/01/2019 at 14:33, Adolf Hamster said:

hmm, strange one, only other thing i've seen is the cutoff jamming (the nub that gets pushed up and down by the slide) but doesn't sound like what you've got.

Thanks mate, I've had a check and it doesn't look like that causing any issue, but still will give it another look over tonight.

On 28/01/2019 at 18:01, adox said:

I'm not super experienced but just wondering whether it is worth having a look at the slide and body. Where are there scratches and signs of wear?

Believe it or not sometimes some screws on the WE pistols can come loose (happened to me) screws holding sights in place extra can come loose and cause a jam. Just check the tightness of them. - hope some of my ramble is useful 😀👍.

I'll give a look over anything that may be potentially 'loose' or 'sticking out' that could cause it. Very useful adox - appreciate the help.

Everything seems top shape but I'll give it a look over. The only evidence of real wear and tear is at the back bottom of the slide (pic attached). FYI was brought new from a store back in September and I've only taken it out twice so far, for a max of 4-5 hours.

1124030596_SlideMark.thumb.jpeg.ae29a58ff4d34a72702358dff658585d.jpeg

On 28/01/2019 at 20:48, rocketdogbert said:

Any chance of a short vid of the problem?

I'll film tonight and upload when I'm home, good shout, some evidence would be incredibly helpful! 

Thanks again guys - appreciate all the help so far from a bunch of strangers I've never met :)

Ok, since we can see some wear and tear on the slide but no apparent problems, have a look and the lower body. -The areas opposite/correlating with the areas you highlighted in the picture and have a look.

Archived