Will "Socom Gear Lancer L5" mags fit JG416

Delgado900
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys!

New here and just starting out!

I've been looking at Socom Lancer L5 Mid caps:

http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Magazines_Socom_Gear_Socom_Gear_Lancer_L5_Advanced_WarFighter_Magazine_for_M4_Mid_Cap_5pcs.htm

Heard a few things about them not fitting certain makes of gun (G&G and Ares) I'm currently running a JG 416 just wanted to know if anyone has tried to get these to work in a JG and come across problems?

Don't wanna waste £70 on something which may not work

Thanks in advance!

• Supporters

Should do , there just tart’ed up bog standard STANAG magazines . 👍

Thanks @Druid799 was a bit unsure as they don’t fit into the magwell of ARES and G&G but I have a feeling that’s to do with the mag catch more than anything ... I might be wrong 

• Supporters

Ok matey , if you find plastic mags are sticking , then all you need to do is get hold of a wax crayon rub it around the top of the mag push it in , back out again and where the crayon has been scratched off get some fine wet&dry and gently rub those areas down until they fit ok .

if the mag catch isn’t engaging properly then VERY carefully with a craft knife scrape away plastic from the top face of the catch slot on the mag and again keep doing this till it engages properly .

It is time consuming but as long as you use your head and go carefully I pretty much guarantee you’ll get any plastic mags you want to fit any gun you have .

job done !👍

Archived