ASP - Anyone know owt about 'em?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anybody know anything about ASP?
I've seen that apparently they make stuff for ASG and Cybergun, but doesn't make me much wiser...
Has anyone had a gun from ASP?
I'm thinking of their SVU bullpup, but can't find much about it, or the peeps who manufacture it...

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Does anybody know anything about ASP?
I've seen that apparently they make stuff for ASG and Cybergun, but doesn't make me much wiser...
Has anyone had a gun from ASP?
I'm thinking of their SVU bullpup, but can't find much about it, or the peeps who manufacture it...

ASP from what I have encountered and worked on is just a rebranded cyma so cyma svd internal parts are compatible, with the SVU bullpup is OK but it needs upgrades like a flat hop, new inner barrel right from the word go out of the box to make it perform well and you will need to lock it to semi if you are going to use it as a dmr.

18 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

ASP from what I have encountered and worked on is just a rebranded cyma so cyma svd internal parts are compatible, the SVU bullpup is OK but it needs upgrades like a flat hop, new inner barrel right from the word go out of the box to make it perform well and you will need to lock it to semi if you are going to use it as a dmr.

Well I guess I'll find out!

I was watching a vid on YouTube (french guy) and 60m accuracy out of the box seemed good?

Any idea if it'll work with SVD mags?

And what's a flat hop??

3 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Any idea if it'll work with SVD mags?

It will work with Cyma svd mag But not Real Sword svd mags 

4 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

And what's a flat hop??

An alternative to an R-hop.

Their pistols are often very expensive.

In the same sort of league as VFC and other top brand guns.

Not sure they are worth it.

Who are these people: APS, Secutor, EMG etc?

They seem to have come from nowhere and are pricing themselves on the level of the top brands.

Have they established any kind ofr reputation for build quality or reliability?

Frankly, I'm beginning to wonder if any of them, including VFC and KWA, are worth it. You can buy a decent aeg for the price of a pistol.

My rule of thumb these days is if you want quality buy TM and put up with the plastic. If you are prepared to sacrifice quality for metal go WE. Why pay more?

Archived