Old GBB pistol slide not going forward

Vikings96
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Appolagies if this questions been asked many times before but I can’t seem to find any answers anywhere!

i bought a WE p14 1911 second hand, the slide does not set forward after firing, it gets stuck on the hammer. I began to file the part that is getting stuck down but I’ve heard this can turn your pistol into a single shot pistol. I’ve lubricated the hell out of it which worked for 1 shot then back to the same issue. 

Ive tried abbey maintenance gas and Swiss arms red gas neither do anything. 

Another unrelated issue is it is it seems to fire automatic sometimes when fired dry, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers guys 

@Vikings96 Is it standard? If it isn’t, take off an replace anything.

strip the whole pistol, clean it thoroughly and re-assemble.

As you said, if it’s old it’s likely something is worn. 

Generally, the auto issue is a sticky or worn firing hammer lock. Not certain where this is on the 1911, but it holds the firing hammer open as the slide returns.

Videos of issues are usually very helpful as well 

The guy I bought from said he had the spring replaced a year ago with a harder spring to help with recoil and that apparently fixed the issue back then. 

I stripped it fully and re-lubricated it which worked for 2 shots. 

I’ll upload a video soon so you can see 

If the recoil spring isn’t matched with the hammer spring, it won’t cycle correctly, and putting a stronger spring in is only hiding whatever issue it has.

I have to say, I don’t like WE Hi-Capa’s/1911, never had any luck rebuilding them and getting them to work, the slides seem a bit soft and easily worn.

Have you stripped the slide and frame and laid them on a known flat surface to ensure they are flat?

Archived