S&T M1903A3 Springfield

lavishfeast
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all,

Recently got back into airsoft after a ten year hiatus and equipped myself with a WW2 era loadout combination of M1A1 and M1903A3 Springfield bolt action rifle.

Thompson is firing a treat, has all the accessories widely available but I’m struggling with the Springfield.

Can anyone recommend to me where I can lay my hands on any additional magazines? My searches are coming up blank.

Additionally I’ve got it in mind I’d like to fix a period era scope to the rifle, but understand they can be difficult to source a mount for. Could anyone give any counsel on this I found, whether it’ll do the trick and if it’s a reputable source:

http://www.weekendwarriorsairsoft.co.uk/sandt-m1903a2-springfield-scope-mount?search=S%26T M1903A

Many thanks for the help in advance.

Cheers.

Evike do  em for relatively cheap but you might be hit with taxes and such and wait a week or two https://www.evike.com/products/68993/

https://www.evike.com/products/55040/

and they have a scope mount but I’m not sure if it’ll fit on the a3 as it’s for the a1 and here’s a similar style scope to what your looking for but it’s on ebay

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-JC-HIGGINS-4X-POWER-RIFLE-SCOPE-MADE-BY-WEAVER-TELESCOPIC-SIGHT/183245344362?hash=item2aaa460e6a:g:XyMAAOSwYK1bCEMO&_trkparms=gclientid%3DERUFSkt9OtXFDP7d1sdb7X7bhNho_fTzKeHZyL1o2DdOzmu1FU4tX2N6q3OWjbOz&_trksid=p2489528.m4335.l8656

now I have no idea If these part will all mesh with you RIF but it’s the closest I could find 😀

• Supporters

werent all the period era scopes basically gunsmith mounted?

if it were me doing this i'd start off by finding the scope i wanted, doing a bit of research into how the originals were done, then getting a gunsmith to do the work.

that's assuming you're after the most historically accurate and best quality, otherwise the process is the same except instead of getting a gunsmith to do it go hog wild with a black and decker and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

werent all the period era scopes basically gunsmith mounted?

if it were me doing this i'd start off by finding the scope i wanted, doing a bit of research into how the originals were done, then getting a gunsmith to do the work.

that's assuming you're after the most historically accurate and best quality, otherwise the process is the same except instead of getting a gunsmith to do it go hog wild with a black and decker and hope for the best.

Nah dude the a3 was developed and used in the 40s by that point the weaver mount was pretty common and the a3 was quite often manufactured and assembled with a mount as far as I am aware

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Sheepy said:

Nah dude the a3 was developed and used in the 40s by that point the weaver mount was pretty common and the a3 was quite often manufactured and assembled with a mount as far as I am aware

fair enough, maybe i'm thinking of ww1

21 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

fair enough, maybe i'm thinking of ww1

Probably dude ww1 scope mounts consisted of nails and bike spokes 😂😂

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Sheepy said:

Probably dude ww1 scope mounts consisted of nails and bike spokes 😂😂

unless it was a warner and swazey, in which case it was "meh, it works for artillery"

18 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

unless it was a warner and swazey, in which case it was "meh, it works for artillery"

😂😂 those things are literally the poster boy for “ if it’s broke don’t fix it, just guess where you want to shoot”

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Sheepy said:

😂😂 those things are literally the poster boy for “ if it’s broke don’t fix it, just guess where you want to shoot”

even more ironic given the magic recipes written all over it that in theory if you followed them should allow you to give a man a shave and a haircut at 3000 yards :D

well, at least the manufacturers think so at least.....

Archived