Techy for repair

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Both  my g and g   cm raider and my firehawk have gone down to day i have no idea why. Anyone sugvest a decent techy to sent them too.

My raider jusy didnt  do anything outside of the case.

My fire  hawk worked fine   then it died and when   took the battery  put this bit came with it too.  Un the buffer tube there  seems   male end that matches the connector.  It is possible it juay something that come lose

received_1957580047594202.jpeg

• Supporters

The Firehawk comes with crimped fittings like that to make for easy disassembly for gearbox work. Mine does the exact same. Just push them back in and test, should run fine. 

With the raider, any other details? Did it die slowly making strange sounds, or just wouldn’t work at all?

16 minutes ago, Prisce said:

The Firehawk comes with crimped fittings like that to make for easy disassembly for gearbox work. Mine does the exact same. Just push them back in and test, should run fine. 

With the raider, any other details? Did it die slowly making strange sounds, or just wouldn’t work at all?

The raider  just didn't work straight  off 

Ill probz have to take the buffer tube off on the fire hawk is just a case  of undoing the screw at the bottum of the buffer tube? Is there  any way   of perventing it from happening again?

• Supporters

If the raider worked fine last time you may have a bad connection on the motor, has it a fuse, have you checked the fuse?  If not the gearbox will have locked up, that’s a full disassembly job. 

To prevent the crimps coming apart; it’s not easy.  Push them back in fully, because it’s not easy to disassemble without taking the wires apart, it’s not easy to do anything else with them.

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

If the raider worked fine last time you may have a bad connection on the motor, has it a fuse, have you checked the fuse?  If not the gearbox will have locked up, that’s a full disassembly job. 

To prevent the crimps coming apart; it’s not easy.  Push them back in fully, because it’s not easy to disassemble without taking the wires apart, it’s not easy to do anything else with them.

Yeah the last time it worked  it was fine. No idea  about the fuse thing  ill have to check 

But the firehawk lives again  after doing what you said about. If it happen again. Put put some electy tape (which with some  acrew drivers will now  live in the airsoft  tool box)over it  just to hold but at least i have a working gun now 

Archived