AA VSR 10 hop up chamber in aeg

Sheepy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys recently started to upgrade my m4 and was wondering if I could put my action army hop up chamber for a vsr 10 into the m4 with little modfications cheers in advance guys

Don't get a Prowin. Probably nothing wrong with the one you have. Decent hop rubber and nub,clean the barrel and some decent 0.28g BBs would be a good start.

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Sheepy said:

Hey guys recently started to upgrade my m4 and was wondering if I could put my action army hop up chamber for a vsr 10 into the m4 with little modfications cheers in advance guys

Nope. There is not enough travel of the nozzle to push the bb into place in a VSR chamber or anything using VSR bucking.

But accuracy is not because of the VSR chamber. PDI hopups in bolt actions, or AA hopups in APS clones or the SRS are using AEG bucking and can have super accuracy.

M4 is one of the worst platforms for accuracy. The hopup can move in any direction. Back and forth because there is only a small spring pushing it into the GB, up and down because the mag pushes it that way, side to side because it needs to have some clearance to be able to move back and forth :) It's all over the place. And then the 3 gears to change the hopup will always have some play. There are ways to minimise all these movements but it's like trying to build a good car out of a cheap old one. A lot of work and knowledge.

I would suggest to get a good rotary hopup unit, a good soft bucking with big contact area, and with some DIY push the hop unit into the GB as much as possible. O rings on the barrel or rubber spacer between the body and the hopup. The bucking with the large contact area will allow you to use heavy BBs and that will give you the accuracy. For 350 fps 0.30g-0.36g.

Thanks for info guys I already got a asg ultimate hop up unit in there with a asg 70degree bucking. Have any of you had any experience with them? Also I think my  rifle is not to bad on the movement of the hop up unit because I got to really push it into the outer barrel and the same with the gears they’re pretty stiff to turn 

The ASG hop is very good, but if you've had to force it into the outer barrel that's because the barrel retaining clip needs filing down so the hop can move freely. The hop arm is also quite tall and can be pushed down when fitted in the outer barrel.

Did you sand the hop arm to the correct thickness when you assembled the hop?

ye i sanded down the retaining clip so that there's a tight fit, didnt realise the thing had to move freely and no i didnt touch the hop arm. didnt even realise that was a thing just assembled it and i i thought i was away to go....

Archived