Fobus EMC - light bearing holster - leg retention

SCAR_Jester
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm looking to more securely hold my Fobus EMC light bearing holster to my leg (currently on a belt clip which I wish to keep).

Something like the safari land holster's leg strap would be ideal but I dont know where to start to mod the holster to use one (I have a spare elastic band for a leg holster so I just need ideas for how to mount)

Any help and ideas appreciated!

Cheers

• Supporters

When you say attach to leg do you mean in a drop leg style? I have that same style of holster on a Fobus EX thigh rig, rides reasonably high and has a single retention strap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Fobus-EX-Tactical-Thigh-Rig-for-Fobus-Paddle-Holsters-/121542671233

8 minutes ago, Lozart said:

When you say attach to leg do you mean in a drop leg style? I have that same style of holster on a Fobus EX thigh rig, rides reasonably high and has a single retention strap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Fobus-EX-Tactical-Thigh-Rig-for-Fobus-Paddle-Holsters-/121542671233

That.. sounds perfect!, I'm rather (very) tall so I'm sure it'll ride even higher (the outcome wanted).

Used to have a full drop leg holster and did not like it, this looks much better.

Tell me, how is it if you do a full sprint with it, does the pistol feel like it's going to come flying out or is it fairly secure? (any sliding around the leg?)

Cheers

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Corky2110 said:

That.. sounds perfect!, I'm rather (very) tall so I'm sure it'll ride even higher (the outcome wanted).

Used to have a full drop leg holster and did not like it, this looks much better.

Tell me, how is it if you do a full sprint with it, does the pistol feel like it's going to come flying out or is it fairly secure? (any sliding around the leg?)

Cheers

I have had the clip on the leg strap let go a couple of times but that's purely because mine is poorly moulded (I keep meaning to change it but you know how it is), in terms of pistol retention it's fine when you have the thumb break strap closed and almost always fine when not (I run an HK45 with a TLR style light so it's quite hefty). The only thing I will advise is that you lubricate the hinge with some silicone oil as it does start squeaking!

10 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I have had the clip on the leg strap let go a couple of times but that's purely because mine is poorly moulded (I keep meaning to change it but you know how it is), in terms of pistol retention it's fine when you have the thumb break strap closed and almost always fine when not (I run an HK45 with a TLR style light so it's quite hefty). The only thing I will advise is that you lubricate the hinge with some silicone oil as it does start squeaking!

I should have rephrased a little, I meant more my current holster is on the belt (I swapped out the crappy panel waist one for an IWI belt mount (modification and a longer screw needed but I got it done).

It tends to bounce around as there is nothing holding it to my leg, makes it feel like it's going to break (it wont).

However I think I have enough info to safely say this one is perfect.

I've also got a spare velcro leg strap so I'll use that if or when the current breaks :P

• Supporters

Well, either way I can highly recommend the EX thigh rig. Is nice, I like.

Archived