ASG M40A3 Hop Up Problems

SinnerGee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was dismantling my gun because i was having no hop up on any of my shots which was very strange as i even put the hop up to max and still the bullets went straight down.
I got inside the gun and i found out that my hop up is pretty much destroyed and this was straight from the box. Do all hop up rubbers go into every gun and would a maple leaf hop up be good?
Also when i opened up the hop up a small little hop up looking rubber piece fell out of where ever it was and i dont know where to put it.
pic-034-bb-hop-up-rubber.jpg
it looks like that little small black piece in the picture. Could someone help me out on where to put that?

On 10/02/2018 at 9:59 PM, Prisce said:

This should help you.

Yeah thanks i figured it out. I also found out that my hop up rubber is torn. Do you know any good replacements for the hop up rubber? My gun shoots around 470 fps. And do all hop up rubbers fit every barrel?

27989904_2278933045456826_247473399_o.jpg

• Supporters

Not all hop rubbers fit every gun. From what a remember the ASG M40A3 takes AEG rubbers, if this is the case, the best two I have used are the Prommy purple, or the G&G green. Some people will recommend the maple leaf buckings, but I have little experience with these.

Have you considered Flat hopping or R-hopping to get extra range? This would change what you need.

• Supporters

Best thing to do is YouTube it, explaining in words compared to watching the process is a lot harder. Plus you then get to learn the process for future references.   

Neither of them are very hard to do, in fact you can buy a flat hop set straight from the shops. 

I can honestly say, YouTube what you want to know, and if you find something that confuses you/doesn’t make sense/ want to know more about, post it and some of the gurus around here can help you out!

• Supporters

Erm, cost wise between £10-£20? They are a standard size. Have a search up of what type of buckings they take before buying anything. No, you shouldn’t need to buy a new hop unit.

Archived