My Custom Scar L Gbbr (little simple mod)

Marc.RG1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.:)
So finally got round to customising a AEG bucking nub to fit my GBB Scar L that a fellow member Lewis give me.  my aim was to give the GBB Scar L a bit more hop adjustment but also to see if a flat nub would tighten up the grouping size a a little as the flat hop up bucking nub should give more even pressure on the hop rubber, I cut the rubber down to size, soon as I installed it I noticed is was a tighter more even fit in the hop housing. It also increased hop adjustment by around double so much so, 100% hop is too much for the hop rubber, but 20% - 80% is fine. Put the rifle back together and test fired it, it did give me better groupings at 20ft then it used to, as you can see around 1" grouping, not too bad, I'll test at long range soon, then I will look into changing the hop rubber itself for a UAC 70 degree..

Here is 10 pictures, if you want to see them all, don't forget to click on the image then click the little arrows to see the rest of the pictures.. B)

Happy shooting all. 

ATB Marc 

I’ve had amazing results with the maple leaf bucking/nub combo in my scar H. The modify tan is also great. 

Hi mate thanks for letting me know, I did look for them a while ago but couldn't find any in stock and as I have had good results with the uac in my hi-capas I thought I would give them a try.

Yesterday after a bit of fun with the RS at gun club I tested the Scar L gbbr at 20 yards and i was quit please with the result, it was hitting roughly a 14cm - 16mm steel plate every shot so the flat hop bucking did make a good difference. So I'm I happy with the simple mod. In the next week or so soon as I get the chance i take some pictures or do a little video. :)

Happy shooting 
ATB Marc 

Archived