G&P state 7.2 Nimh maximum.

Sako
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So while browsing through some of my potential purchases I noticed how a couple of the G&P ‘stubby’ models claim to have high speed motors fitted, and as a result of this will only take lower powered batteries, the 7.2 nimh or 7.4 lipo. (This is however stipulated by Zero One store in regards to their warranty).

is this then to suggest that running, for instance a 9.6 nimh would damage the internals? As I fear a 7.2 nimh would have horrendous ROF and trigger response. (Would an 8.4 Nimh be more forgiving yet good performance??)

**please note at this time I am sticking with Nimh type batteries hence the focus being mostly toward these type.**

7.4 volt lipo is slightly faster than a 9.6v nimh so it would have a good trigger response. Just get a high quality 7.4v lipo and you wont be dissapointed with rof. A battery like this is what i would get with a lipo alarm and smart charger your trigger response will be great. https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-2600mah-25c-continuous-discharge-cranestock-lipo-battery.html

Or if your willing to see the gun wear much faster get a 11.1v lipo and be ready to buy new trigger contacts etc. In a much shorter time.

It's not all about voltage, it's true that the higher the voltage, the faster the motor spins, it's about current as well, hence why there's different chemical make-up of batteries. LiPo can deliver a huge amount of current to the motor when compared with the outdated nickel-metal hydride batteries (Ni-MH).

You'll have plenty of ROF with a 7.4v LiPo. Plus high speed motors have fewer windings on the armature when compared with high torque motors, so they sacrifice torque a bit, but the high speed motors paired with a 7.4v LiPo will give you really good rate of fire.

If you want to buy a gun from a store with warranty, then it's best to stick with their recommendations so you don't void any warranty or returns.

55 minutes ago, Chris_B said:

It's not all about voltage, it's true that the higher the voltage, the faster the motor spins, it's about current as well, hence why there's different chemical make-up of batteries. LiPo can deliver a huge amount of current to the motor when compared with the outdated nickel-metal hydride batteries (Ni-MH).

You'll have plenty of ROF with a 7.4v LiPo. Plus high speed motors have fewer windings on the armature when compared with high torque motors, so they sacrifice torque a bit, but the high speed motors paired with a 7.4v LiPo will give you really good rate of fire.

If you want to buy a gun from a store with warranty, then it's best to stick with their recommendations so you don't void any warranty or returns.

Ok I didn’t realise the torque would be lessened on the HS motors, that would explain the lower spring types used...although I’m assuming if set up well and possible mildly modified somewhat (tight bore perhaps) it shouldn’t be at a disadvantage to a gun with more torque and stronger spring? 

Ill certainly be be sticking to the warranty conditions as I’d be pretty gutted to end up with an ornament due to my own negligence.

Archived