Selling a gun abroad advice needed?

skillfulmmd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

I am selling my GHK G5 and have been approached by a potential buyer who is located in Lithuania. I wanted to know first and foremost if its legal for me to sell and ship a gun out of the Uk and if so how can I can best cover myself from anything fishy happening during the transaction?

Thanks in advance. 

• Supporters

You need to make sure he has proper defence. Proper enough that if you need to prove it in court, you will be able to.

Apart from that I think you are good. The rest is on him. The import laws of Lithuania and the laws of the countries the post goes through is his problem. For example if it travels through Germany it is a firearm there and will be destroyed. Depends on the courier.

No defence is necessary as he is not in the UK.  As long as you package it correctly and declare it on the customs forms that the UK part satisfied.  It is upto the buyer to notify you of any special procedures such as Orange Tips or Covered Trades needed for importation into his country.

THe biggest worry is make sure he isn’t a scammer and you get paid.

Archived