Action Army hop unit HELP!

Mos
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

when I was installing the maple leaf bucking into the AA unit one of the stoppers (2 of them, at the rear of the AA unit) sprinted off, so I reinstalled it, but I think I've done that wrong.

because now, when I try to pull the bolt back, and then put it back into its starting place I can't. The cylinder won't go far enough.

I believe this is because the stoppers are too far screwed in? 

Need help!

Thank you in advance

Now I've fixed the problem, I had to unscrew the stoppers a bit.
But we didn't unscrew them right to the top of the threads, like seen out of the box - I reckon the manufacturer has them to loose, which is why they sprung out like a jack in a box.

So we fixed that, and could now fit the mechanism into its stock; hurrah!

But wait, we needed to fire it, and so we did.

The bb at first didn't actually come out down the barrel, and we heard little noise.

So we thought we'd bring the hop arm up, because at installation, it was on full hop. So we reckoned that was stopping the BB actually making it to the barrel, which would also block the

CO2 coming out the end of the barrel.

So we brought the hop arm up a bit, and now fires perfectly, is this a common problem? Where it won't fire because there is too much hop (hop arm actually stops the BB)

Stressful, but rewarding.

Guest PT247

If you have too much hop on any gun it can jam, just have enough hop applied to lift the weight of BB you intend you use in it.

58 minutes ago, PT247 said:

If you have too much hop on any gun it can jam, just have enough hop applied to lift the weight of BB you intend you use in it.

Yes, this was the problem.

We had the hop on full because to get the hop arm to lock down you have to tighten that screw.

On fire, it jammed. But all it took was less hop, and now fires perfectly.

36 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Pretty sure I had to cut down the springs in my AA hop

Assuming the two stopper springs?

yeah, saw some people have done that. But we just simply unscrewed the screw, which meant the spring was less compressed and didn't block the nozzle.

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Mos said:

Assuming the two stopper springs?

yeah, saw some people have done that. But we just simply unscrewed the screw, which meant the spring was less compressed and didn't block the nozzle.

Yeah that's the ones, mine where rather long. And I have had to replace my stoppers as they wore out ... probably due to the long springs etc

Archived