What do these gizmos do?

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bought a CM16 R8L that came today. In my usual style, I have been left with 2 parts after taking the buttstock off and installing the batteries.

It's my first AEG, no mention of either of them in the instructions, and it's a bit like when you've assembled something from ikea, then see there's still one bolt left in the box lol

post-14006-0-65006900-1482328598_thumb.jpg

Well, one of them is a battery adapter by the look of it. Tamiya at one end and Deans on the other.

So as long as the batteries the store supplied with it are plugged in and seem to be working (albeit slowly - the motor takes a LONG time to spin up and the ROF is far slower than I expected) it shouldn't be plugged into anything then. Just enables me to use a different connector type if I need?

And I think I figured out the other bit - the batteries are rattling a bit in the stock, so perhaps that's meant to go over them to keep them secure?

what battery are you using, and is it fully charged?

Paid an extra £30 for a battery and charger - Nuprol 8.4V 1600 NiMH. I think it came fully charged - I put it on for 3 minutes and then the charger light turned green, read you weren't meant to overcharge them.

I doubt it came fully charged.

I'd also suggest at some point switching to LiPos as you will get better performance from a 7.4v LiPo and (IMO) are easier to look after.

I doubt it came fully charged.

I'd also suggest at some point switching to LiPos as you will get better performance from a 7.4v LiPo and (IMO) are easier to look after.

It appears like it did - tried charging a few times, but the light goes green and the charger cuts off after 10 seconds or so. Maybe they charged it in store before shipping it out to me.

The other bit goes in the crane stock. IIRC it makes the battery easier to put in.

Yep, worked that bit out. At first I wasn't sure if it was just some plastic thing that they put in the stock that you'd take out once you were going to put batteries in. Although does make the batteries much more difficult to put in. Fiddly enough without having to try and weave wires through little gaps in the plastic thingy. I suppose it's there also to protect the wiring as you're adjusting the stock.

I am a little concerned about the barrel security - light pressure in any direction on the flash hider will make the entire barrel shift, and it doesn't always go back to the centre. Surely this negates the usefulness any sort of precision optic? Or any sight for that matter.

Archived