APS ASR 114

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to get my first airsoft rifle before too long. APS's ASR 114 SPYDER with 10" keymod rail ystem has caught my eye. Does anyone have any advice, recommendations, warnings or alternatives? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

how much is it costing?

I had an APS Mini Patriot and it was awesome a few years back for the price, things have moved on now though and so has the tech. If your budget allows I'd suggest a Krytac CRB or SPR if you like the looks of this one, if you are liking the silver outer barrel, it is just paint so is something you could do yourself to anything you got.

how much is it costing?

I had an APS Mini Patriot and it was awesome a few years back for the price, things have moved on now though and so has the tech. If your budget allows I'd suggest a Krytac CRB or SPR if you like the looks of this one, if you are liking the silver outer barrel, it is just paint so is something you could do yourself to anything you got.

I was actually planning on painting the outer barrel and replacing the muzzlebreak anyway so that's not a problem. Thanks for the pointer.

how much is it costing?

I was seeing one at a reduced price for £180 but they're normally around £220

I was warned against the APS range but loved mine, they have very loose tolerances so upgrading is very hit and miss although out the box my Patriot was shooting 323+/- 3 fps, had a very good hop and the barrel wasn't crap either. I upgraded the barrel which bumped the fps a tad and also improved accuracy. I messed with the hop which failed, I messed with the shimming which also failed. At £180 it is a lot of gun for the money, it may not last as long as others though but IMO will shoot better than a G&G Combat Machine but not better than a Krytac Trident!

I've heard very very very few good things about APS. They either rattle themselves to death with the recoil or the gears just grind themselves down. I wanted one in the past myself and I'd love to hear good things about them because they look cool. If you get one do let us know how it goes.

It is an M4

The one it comes with is a particular one though that I've not been able to track down. They're just ones you can prewind so you don't have to keep stopping to wind up

The one it comes with is a particular one though that I've not been able to track down. They're just ones you can prewind so you don't have to keep stopping to wind up

it is just a hi-cap, you should be pre-winding any hi-cap you use.

No I mean they prewind every BB in the mag

ahh got ya. TBH, all my hi-caps (except my 850 round fat mag) only require winding fully once except sometimes have a few stragglers in the mag.

The Krytac guns will be a world better than most others out there if you are able to find the dosh.

+1 for the krytac suggestions, I'm an advocate of them.

As for the pre-winding mags, flash mags are a similar concept but it's a pull chord, not a wheel - but pulling the chord 5 or 6 times generally loads either all, or nearly all of the bbs in the mag ready for firing.

Archived