Gearbox Re-Assembly...Gear allignment

Shaddow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I hope to get the final pieces to do my gearbox upgrade today and wanted to check a few points before I start putting it all back together.

Do I need to align a certain part of the gear with the piston, or can any part of the gear line up with any part of the piston upon re-assembly?

EG: Piston all the way in to cylinder and gear section with half width teeth align with piston?

I don't want to mis-align the piston to gear and then break / strip something when I pull the trigger.

Obviously the gear has teeth all around it, but there is a section of teeth that are only half width.

Thanks for any advice given.

Thanks. Will do a search and watch some clips. Guess when the teeth are aligned, the piston will be pushed all the way in, so spring has least amount of compression when re-assembling.

Unfortunately just found out the part I have being machined wont be ready today, so no re-assembly just yet.

Archived