G&G R8-L Spring

Lastman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anyone tell me what spring is fitted to the above mentioned AEG?

Standard spring at the moment, but would like to upgrade it.

Also, what's the recommended maximum for a standard V2 gearbox?

• Supporters

What is your current FPS, what FPS are you trying to get to?

• Supporters

Without knowing how high you want to go it's difficult to recommend a spring. You are aware that you would also have to lock the gearbox to semi auto only for a DMR? Do you know what your sites restrictions are for DMRs?

• Supporters

Right, Ground Zero (which I assume is a regular site of yours) limits DMR semi only AEGs to 425FPS. You'll need about an M130 spring to get you near that, but you'll need a whole host of other stuff to get it accurate.

Have a look at this: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/892-holy-grail-building-your-dmr-aeg.html

and then decide if the minimal extra range is worth the loss of full auto and accepting an MED restriction.

Yes, Rich at Gound Zero has a damned good safety briefing which is comical but memorable.

The site limit for semi auto Aeg's is 425fps locked off.

350 full auto, but my son and I have other g&gs to use for that.

• Supporters

Me personally I'd try n get at least one aeg

hitting 349.9999999fps on 0.20's

with AoE & bearing spring guide & great seals etc.....

Then try a flat hop on a new barrel - most you could probably go to is an AK type 455mm on full cylinder using .25's

(not gonna get into vol ratio maths crap but that is about max barrel on noimal aeg cylinder using a bit heavier bb imho)

I would get one of ya guns running very sweet and then decide if you still wanna go to dmr route

then you can chuck in a higher spring n see later if it is worth it - but get gun running and shooting better first before you commit to dmr maybe

The raider shoots around 345fps, but my sons always got it!

I'll spend some time on the range with some fine adjustments to see what extra I can get out of it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.