Getting a IF

Monty101

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Although I'm 14, I have been told I am mature for my age and would like to start Airsofting. So I was wondering, if one of my parents where to get a UKARA license would they be able to give me a IF as a gift. Assuming that they would have to come to my Airsoft events to prove that the gun is a gift, and has not been purchased illegally, then would that be alright?

Thanks for any feed back.

• Supporters
  • Supporters

This ^^^. All you need to know

IF = Imitation Firearm i.e. an airsoft gun that's had 51% of it painted in a bright colour such as green or orange. A parent or anyone over 18 can buy this without a UKARA Defence (NOT a LICENSE) and gift it to you. You cannot buy this yourself as airsoft guns are age restricted items.

RIF = Realistic Imitation Firearm i.e. an airsoft gun which is completely black/dark green/tan, pretty much just realistic colours. Only people with a UKARA Defence or any other kind of valid defence can buy these. Again, they must be over 18 to meet the criteria for a UKARA Defence and to buy the gun itself.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.