Zero'ing in

MrMcG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey again :)

Just interested to hear people's thoughts on this -

When zero'ing an optic how close do you expect the bb to go to the dot and from how far

I tested mine from approx 61ft aiming slightly upwards against a cardboard block approx 5inch by 8 inch so much smaller than a human target the bb hit it but was higher than where I believed I aimed

It was good enough to mean I shouldn't miss what I aim at just wondered would people try to get it on point 100%

• Supporters

I'm not ultra fussy on pin point long range accuracy

I tend to have a few sounding targets up my garden.....

old metal dustbin - for when I can't hit a barn door @ aprox 65ft

old 4pt plastic milk bottle near the bin I think

maybe at 70ft I got a tall aerosol can to go for once I think its set up well

you can tell by the sounds if you are hitting your targets rather than keep walking back n forth to inspect shots/groupings

the deep TANG of dustbin, the THUD of 4pt & the TING of the aerosol can - if I can hit that I'm doing ok in my book

(Garden is a awash with funny white wildlife dropping I tell my other half - think I'm going for a gravel path up the back of garden - must use bios)

If its consistently high, you can adjust of course by a notch on the optic. Usually however, I would expect the spread to be all over that target size at 20m, so if thats the case you can only adjust to get the spread around the centre of that target, so the target centre forms the approximate middle of the spread. Try using .25s if youre using .2s

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.