What is the length of the outer barrel for the CM16 Carbine?

Guest RektnNekt

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest RektnNekt

I need to know the length of the outer barrel for this (without the flashhider):

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=5645

Just need to know as a reference point so I can found out how to properly measure the barrel.

I've got a Knight's Armament 7" quadrail system. I want to buy a short barrel where only the thread comes out of the handguard - so in correlation with the length of the 7" handguard, do I buy a 7" barrel, or would that mean that the thread won't reach out of the handguard?

Thanks

• Supporters

Massive guess@ 7 to 7.5 inch

possible suggestion on say a 275 to 300 inner barrel with say a 11.5 outer.....

if that G&G outer is usual 3 piece one with "tube" in middle

hack off the front sight - I mean really dremmel that mofo off so the last piece fits inside ris

then with the middle TUBE @ say 5 inches reduce that by say 3 or 4 inches as required

custom bespoke outer barrel for next to nothing

Or if you are really clever and wanna play safe - measure the dimensions of TUBE

buy a 2 or 3 inch piece off fleabay and keep original TUBE as it for spare part

obviously this won't work out that well if you got the longer barrel model as flashhider/thread would be 4-5 inches in front of sight

but if you got a 275-300 barrel G&G this could be an easy quick cheap option to look into

AT YOUR OWN RISK - IT IS JUST ME MAKING A POSSIBLE SUGGESTION

(your gun is at risk if you don't keep up common sense checks or any other mods performed upon it)

Terms and conditions apply- see www.dontblameus.com for more details

Outer barrel minus flash hinder is 13"

I've got the same one

Guest RektnNekt

http://imgur.com/8KwDIUv
So measuring like this gives me 14"" outer barrel.
If I completely exclude the grey metal and just measure the black outer barrel without the thread, it comes up at 13".
If I also include the thread it comes up at 13.5".

So my question is, what has been measured in this ebay listing? Is this a 7" barrel, excluding the thread, meaning I'd have 0.5mm of the thread at the end?
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/271810181155?nav=SEARCH

Don't wanna buy something to realise it isn't what I need

That's a 7" overall length barrel which would mean a 2" ris to be fitted

Look for a 14" outer barrel

Guest RektnNekt

Massive guess@ 7 to 7.5 inch

possible suggestion on say a 275 to 300 inner barrel with say a 11.5 outer.....

if that G&G outer is usual 3 piece one with "tube" in middle

hack off the front sight - I mean really dremmel that mofo off so the last piece fits inside ris

then with the middle TUBE @ say 5 inches reduce that by say 3 or 4 inches as required

custom bespoke outer barrel for next to nothing

Or if you are really clever and wanna play safe - measure the dimensions of TUBE

buy a 2 or 3 inch piece off fleabay and keep original TUBE as it for spare part

obviously this won't work out that well if you got the longer barrel model as flashhider/thread would be 4-5 inches in front of sight

but if you got a 275-300 barrel G&G this could be an easy quick cheap option to look into

AT YOUR OWN RISK - IT IS JUST ME MAKING A POSSIBLE SUGGESTION

(your gun is at risk if you don't keep up common sense checks or any other mods performed upon it)

Terms and conditions apply- see www.dontblameus.com for more details

Well, the barrel is a two parter (comes apart in the middle). Funnily enough, the 2nd part of the barrel (with the triangle sight) is the perfect length for what I want. If I cut down the first part of the barrel to about half an inch (that is how much it fits into the second part) and fit them together (after removing that sight too), then I would have the size barrel I need which would also fit in the gun. However, not sure if it'd just be worth buying an actual barrel

Dont buy a new barrel mate, surely youve got a hacksaw lying around. cut front sight off, new longer ris over top, youll never see it, its what ive done.

key mod ends where suppressor starts, looks good.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.